Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Gpz550 Single sided swingarm swap 15 Oct 2020 17:24 #836936

• Boanz10
  • Boanz10's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all I'm a newbie here still I have been searching for info on a gpz550 sssa swap and only see it done on the bigger bikes I'm ordering the arm this weekend but was hoping to get some info first I know it will fit only thing I'm concerned with is if the chain will clear the tire I can get the offset sprocket and a narrower tire if needed any info is appreciated ty in advance I have already done the USD fork swap just waiting on collar and bearings to complete it
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gpz550 Single sided swingarm swap 16 Oct 2020 06:59 #836971

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
  • Thank you received: 265
Good luck to you Sir. No answers here, but I'm watching JIC.

Be safe.
Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit
Wife's BIG bike...... 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and factory FI Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods

Gpz550 Single sided swingarm swap 16 Oct 2020 07:32 #836976

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2051
I do not see any questions, and it looks like you have all the answers already. Without more information or some actual questions, members here will not be able to offer much more than generalities.
If the front sprocket has the proper offset for the new rear wheel and sprocket, and if the rear tire is the proper size for the donor bike, then the chain will not hit the tire. The chain may, however, hit the frame or the sprocket cover.
You say that you know the swingarm will fit. How do you know this? Does that include knowing how the shock linkage and mounts are going to be modified? Pivot bolt diameter? Will the new rear wheel still be centered with the frame? Is the new swingarm significantly shorter or longer that the Kawasaki one? Will the new rear suspension be able to fully compress without hitting the frame?
Will the new rear brake work with the 550 rear master cylinder, or will a custom mount be needed to install the new master and foot pedal?
There are many things to consider, but your post does not indicate whether or not they all have been.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Last edit: by TexasKZ.

Gpz550 Single sided swingarm swap 17 Oct 2020 08:44 #837067

• Boanz10
  • Boanz10's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
1st off sry all for the vague post and lack of communication skills let me start over I have a 84 gpz550 I would like to put a vfr750 SSSA on i am planning to use a 92 or 93 model i am trying to get a complete assembly with wheel and brakes from what I found on the site that is the easier route I have searched and only see it's been done on the bigger cc kz bikes will this be similar to my bike only thing I found is the pivot width of vfr arm is close to mine ty texaskz for the heads up on some of the things to consider has anyone done this on a 550 can anyone tell me the pivot bolt diameter or the offset of the wheel or if it is fairly centered to the swingarm I would like to do the swap not just for the look but also to upgrade the suspension and brakes I am open to taking other routes any suggestions welcome I just want it done correctly and the outcome to look good while getting the upgrade ty all for any help I hope this is a better post

Last edit: by Boanz10.
  • Page: