Front brake line length kz650

More
24 Jun 2020 09:18 #828852 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Front brake line length kz650
It's difficult to say for certain what forks they are, but your motorcycle has leading axle forks which were used on various Ltd & CSR models. I'd guess they're from a 750-Ltd, but that is just a guess. Also, the forks are raised in the triple tree, so that will affect what brake line lengths to get. I wouldn't order anything until you can get to the motorcycle so you can figure out what the correct length should be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2020 09:58 #828862 by q-base
Replied by q-base on topic Front brake line length kz650

martin_csr wrote: It's difficult to say for certain what forks they are, but your motorcycle has leading axle forks which were used on various Ltd & CSR models. I'd guess they're from a 750-Ltd, but that is just a guess. Also, the forks are raised in the triple tree, so that will affect what brake line lengths to get. I wouldn't order anything until you can get to the motorcycle so you can figure out what the correct length should be.

Thanks a lot. Okay it seems like I need to do the 200km round trip to avoid having to return too many brake lines.

1977 kz750

Instagram: @jmreiche

More
24 Jun 2020 11:18 - 24 Jun 2020 13:36 #828877 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Front brake line length kz650
You could do as Nessism suggested & fabricate your own brake lines. See his reply on previous page. He has a write-up w pics somewhere here on KZR. probably in his restoration topic. Then do the Fr brake when convenient.
Last edit: 24 Jun 2020 13:36 by martin_csr.

More
24 Jun 2020 22:21 #828932 by q-base
Replied by q-base on topic Front brake line length kz650
Ahh yes, I did not even see that. But I think I run the risk of having problems with MOT here in Denmark, if I fabricate my own, unfortunately.

1977 kz750

Instagram: @jmreiche