TOPIC:

Vintage CaFab for 1978 KZ1000 A2 03 Jun 2020 12:54 #827227

• Bonestock
  • Bonestock's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Everybody!

Sorry for the subject typo: Cal Fab

It's been years since I've posted here, but I've owned the bike listed for about 18 yrs now. As per my username, it's always been 99% stock.

Well, the paint finally needs a redo since it's bubbling in a few places/etc. So I thought I'd make an update.

Way back when I collected a bunch of vintage road race bits against the day I might "build" the old girl. I've got smoothbores, a ported head, cylinders/big bore kit, kerker/supertrapp, WP shocks, Progressive springs, fork brace, etc. My goal was "period correct" hot rod...but with no changes that can't be easily undone.

Among the goodies is this aluminum swinger, that was sold as (and matches google photos) of an original, unmounted CalFab. Other than somebody blasting/powder coating....it does appear virgin. I've got the correct roller bearings, too. (from rough measurement, it appears to be stock length with matching mounts, etc)

I did a search here, but there wasn't much that still had pic links attached, so I have a couple questions for the Kognoscenti:

1. Will this fit a slightly larger rear tire using the stock rims? It does measure slightly wider in the crucial area. (the chain runs awfully close to the tire).

2. I'm guessing I'll have to ditch the center stand?

3. Anything else to watch out for?

4. What's this old relic worth, ballpark? I couldn't really find any for sale other than the new repops.

Many thanks for any pertinent info!!
Old Skool ~
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bonestock. Reason: details
  • Page: