Tire mystery.

• loudhvx
  • Topic Author
  • KZr Legend
More
01 May 2020 17:22 #824735 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Tire mystery.
I vaguely recall thinking the same thing with a ME33 I had 20 years ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2020 19:02 #824738 by urankjj
Replied by urankjj on topic Tire mystery.
After consulting a long time friend and tire expert with G--D Y--R Tire and Rubber Co. Flip the front tire on the rim and you will then have both tire tread patterns, (front and rear), traveling in the same direction as they always should be.(tread groove arrow to the front ). If the directional arrow on both sides of the sidewall says differently with this configuration, then it is a design flaw in the sidewall manufacturing .

More
01 May 2020 19:17 #824739 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Tire mystery.
Really? I respectfully suggest rather than relying on Goodyear for information regarding motorcycle tires developed and marketed by non-Goodyear tire manufacturers one should contact the manufacturer of the tire in question. They will know the answers to questions about the tires they produce, and they have a vested interest in ensuring the answers they give are factual for their tires. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
01 May 2020 19:43 - 01 May 2020 19:45 #824740 by BCScott
Replied by BCScott on topic Tire mystery.
When I bought my Avon rear, the shop that installed (off of the bike) it put it on backward. While they were getting ready to remove it and put it on the correct way, I went home and cracked a newly arrived Cycle World. There was an Avon ad in it, showing the tires mounted on a Triumph, IIRC. They were reversed in pattern. I can't find that ad at the moment, but here's one of the front, with the "opposite" pattern.

Back in the saddle and loving it! KZ1000A1
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 May 2020 19:45 by BCScott.