Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ550 swingarm and wheel assembly? 21 Mar 2020 02:56 #821280

• sumowilkie
  • sumowilkie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Guys, Im in need of your expert advice.
Story so far, on doing a complete rebuild of a kz550 with new frame install Bike had been hit while stationary and front of frame was bent.
iv come to fit the wheel on the original existing swingarm.
I cant get the spacers in as i see from the various diagrams, and seems to be 10mm to tight.
I dont remember it being a problem to remove, but theres been a few beers since then.
Before i assume that the swing arm is damaged wondered if someone could tell me if theres any diference between the kz550 models before i buy another.
Can someone measure the distance between the hub point on the swingarm, inside measurment please.
Pictures of the spacers and small gap 4-5mm and spacer still to go in.
This is assuming i have the right order and someone can show me the errors of my ways, im no expert and this is my first bike rebuild.
Thanks martin
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by sumowilkie.

KZ550 swingarm and wheel assembly? 21 Mar 2020 05:28 #821285

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
Howdy. In the 1st pic I'm not sure what the thing is around the axle. Is that a misplaced collar/spacer? see pic below.

If it's any help, my 81 KZ650-CSR rear wheel stuff is virtually the same as yours & I have a KZ550 Ltd wheel mounted >> there's a gap of about 11mm between the swing arm adjuster & oil seal. Also, the center-to-center spacing of the swing arm adjuster bolts is 9-13/16" or thereabouts. Both measurements are kind of crude but pretty close. Assuming it's a 550C Ltd, I think yours probably should be the same.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sumowilkie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: