Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

86 Kz 1000p exhaust options 22 Dec 2019 08:44 #815744

• Zilla
  • Zilla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Hey everybody, got a question. I have a Mac 4 into 1 exhaust on my 86 Kz 1000p and the sound of it I’m fine with my problem is the look and the paint don’t hold up I’ve had it a year and it looks 10 years old. What options would I have with the floor boards still on it. I saw a delkevic on eBay for a 81-82 Ltd that looks like I would miss the floor boards. I figured a sidewinder of pro drag won’t fit. But anyway any body have any suggestions I would appreciate it.
1986 KZ1000P
2005 Vmax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

86 Kz 1000p exhaust options 22 Dec 2019 12:25 #815754

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2052
A painted exhaust system will need repainting every year or two, depending on how much you ride.

That system could be ceramic coated, which holds up much better Han paint. You can also get it chrome or nickel plated. Bluing near the head is included at no extra charge.

A sidewinder has somewhat limited clearance for cornering.

If the Delkevic will clear the floor boards, it will be the reasonably priced option for a brand new system. Several members here have a Delkevic system, hopefully one will be along soon with good pictures and maybe some measurements.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

86 Kz 1000p exhaust options 22 Dec 2019 17:15 #815763

• Zilla
  • Zilla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 11

TexasKZ wrote: A painted exhaust system will need repainting every year or two, depending on how much you ride.

That system could be ceramic coated, which holds up much better Han paint. You can also get it chrome or nickel plated. Bluing near the head is included at no extra charge.

A sidewinder has somewhat limited clearance for cornering.

If the Delkevic will clear the floor boards, it will be the reasonably priced option for a brand new system. Several members here have a Delkevic system, hopefully one will be along soon with good pictures and maybe some measurements.

Ok, I figured if I couldn’t find anything I could always paint or wrap them, thought the paint would have held a little longer. I had looked at the Mac 4-2-1 it was over 500 kinda glad I didn’t get that one now. Another thing I seen a bunch of aftermarket side covers but none specific to the Kz police models, will other ones fit, by the pictures of the tabs on some look pretty close.
1986 KZ1000P
2005 Vmax

• Page: