Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kz1000p spoked wheel swap. 12 Jul 2019 19:11 #807453

• KZPwheelies
  • KZPwheelies's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I got a set of kz spoked wheels given to me today, not sure what kind of kz they came off of but the are awesome! Anyways I am looking for some information on swapping the wheels onto my 1998 KZ1000P. I want the spoked wheel because I also plan on doing a gsxr usd front end down the line and I know they make a laced hub for that front end so I can have matching spoked wheels. I know I'll lose my speedo but that's not a problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KZPwheelies.

Kz1000p spoked wheel swap. 13 Jul 2019 06:55 #807467

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1619
How many spokes are the wheels? The 70s 1000A had 40 spokes w steel rims & 18" Rear wheel and the 1000-CSR had 48 spokes w aluminum rims & 16" Rr.

I would compare the hub components & other stuff at Partzilla, making an educated guess what the donor wheels are from.

Kz1000p spoked wheel swap. 13 Jul 2019 07:25 #807468

• KZPwheelies
  • KZPwheelies's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
After taking a closer look it appears that they are 40 spoke wheels. The rear sproket does not fit my chain so I believe it's a 530 chain. The rim is a little bit wider than my stock mag and has a 150 tire on it the contacts the brake arm when I try mount it. The front axle is also slightly smaller than the front wheel.

• Page: