Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need help figuring out what model i have! 01 Jan 2019 07:07 #796003

• agrestixrock
  • agrestixrock's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I recently bought a project kz650 for $250 with title. I noticed that on the title the engine size and model are unkown (UNK). Ive looked at websites which make it sound like its a B2 i will look for the specific parts it says can indicate it is a B2. The bike was 100% disassembled and the previous owner had the engine parts media blasted. I dont see any gaskets for it (which makes sense) but trying to make sure i buy the right kit. I have probably 6-7 boxes of parts which luckily every part was labeled and all bolts were placed in cardboard exactly how they were taken off. It does have a 4to1 exhaust with a kerker muffler so i wouldnt be surprised if other parts were changed i can take pictures of the engine # and stuff because i know thats the only way to tell.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by agrestixrock. Reason: Typo

Need help figuring out what model i have! 01 Jan 2019 07:39 #796006

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
Sometimes numbers printed in titles are not 100% accurate. The safest bet is to look at the VIN stamped in the steering stem neck of the bike's frame. It can be used to identify the year / model of the bike. Also, take a look at the serial number of the engine. It will be stamped next to the oil filler hole, and it can be used to identify the year of the engine. If you post both of those numbers here either I or someone else may be able to identify the year of the frame and engine. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Need help figuring out what model i have! 01 Jan 2019 08:14 #796007

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
There probably should be a zero after the KZ650B in the vin, so one or more of the numbers after the B are probably wrong.

CycleChaos.com has vin & engine number info for many Kawasaki motorcycles. The KZ650.Info site probably has the same info for all of the 650s.

Need help figuring out what model i have! 01 Jan 2019 09:16 #796011

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
  • Thank you received: 365
Agree if the number stamped on the neck is the same the frame began its life as a B2 built in the US.
1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

This is my Z

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT
Attachments:

Need help figuring out what model i have! 01 Jan 2019 17:22 #796033

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 373

martin_csr wrote: There probably should be a zero after the KZ650B in the vin, so one or more of the numbers after the B are probably wrong.

No, that's a correct VIN# for a Lincoln Nebraska built/assembled KZ650.
All Lincoln built KZs started with a #5.

models.kz650.info/Models.php
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Need help figuring out what model i have! 14 Mar 2019 09:12 #800335

• agrestixrock
  • agrestixrock's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
so i looked at the # on the frame and it appears to match the title. looks like a 77 . the pic is hard to read but it looks like it is the original engine. sorry it took so long to reply ive been really busy at work.
Attachments:

• Page: