Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Modern brake master cylinder w/ old calipers 28 Dec 2018 04:16 #795820

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
  • Thank you received: 80
I went from the stock 85 GPz550 Master to a 2003 ZX636 Master with remote reservoir. I rebuilt it before use of course, and have had no issues for the past 8 months. I also am using the same year ZX636 Clutch/Perch Assembly, and did not have to modify the stock GPz550 Clutch Cable. Doing this change allows me to run adjustable levers. Currently using Pazzo Short Levers on Telefix Clip-Ons, so the master cylinder reservoir would hit the fairing if using the stock clip-on bars. Need to have a shorter upper hydraulic line made in the future.

'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp
The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modern brake master cylinder w/ old calipers 28 Dec 2018 05:57 #795825

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1625
To the op. In case you aren't aware. It has been kind of implied in the topic by baldy110 that you don't have to get a Kawasaki master cylinder. Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, etc can be used. be aware that some modern mc's don't have a mirror orifice & some are for 1" handlebars (probably most metric cruisers have 1" bars).

For the modern brake light switch: if you don't want to cut & splice the old brake light switch or make your own wire lead, the brake switch wire lead from a KZ1000P police can be used & it will probably be a direct swap with the old brake light switch. only problem is that the wires don't get listed very often on EB & new is kind of pricey, about $20.

The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: