Extra gaskets w too long banjo bolt

More
15 Oct 2017 12:04 - 16 Oct 2017 08:43 #772993 by martin_csr
Extra gaskets w too long banjo bolt was created by martin_csr
Never mind. I'm trying to install a modern Honda front brake master cylinder, but it uses a short banjo bolt. I was going to double up the gaskets & put a ss washer between them to make up for an overly long banjo bolt. But I'm going to get the proper oil bolt instead. The paint on the Honda mc is nice & I don't want to risk messing it up. The Honda banjo bolt is supposed to use an M10 x 22mm banjo bolt, and the stock 650-CSR banjo bolt should be 23mm, but measuring the shaft, mine is longer than that. around 26mm & it won't work with the Honda mc. doh.
Last edit: 16 Oct 2017 08:43 by martin_csr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kray-Z
  • User
  • I need more power Scotty....
More
15 Jan 2018 19:38 #777313 by Kray-Z
Replied by Kray-Z on topic Extra gaskets w too long banjo bolt
martin,
I don't think using more than one washer per side is going to be safe....makes it easy for the banjo bolt to get knocked or pulled loose....ask me how I know this...., but don't tell my old insurance co.

I've used Honda master cylinders on Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, British bikes, and even.....Honda! Now that good quality reproductions are available for less than a rebuild kit for the originals, its hard to justify using anything else..,..

2-04 R1, 81 CSR1000, 81 LTD1000, 2-83 GPz1100, 3-79CBX, 81 CBX, 3-XS650, 84 Venture, +parts
Quote "speed costs money...how fast do you want to go?" (Which Z movie?)
Universal formula for how many motorcycles one should own = n + 1, where n is how many motorcycles you own right now....

More
16 Jan 2018 05:10 - 16 Jan 2018 05:12 #777323 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Extra gaskets w too long banjo bolt
Thanks. Yes, I went ahead & got a proper oil bolt, since adding extra gaskets didn't seem like a very smart thing to do. hee. Good Japanese oem Fr Br master cylinders are readily available on eb. I don't trust the made in china master cylinders & try to avoid buying chinese whenever possible anyway.

Kind of related. I installed a made in china herko fuel pump on my ford escape & it went kaput after about 4k miles. pathetic.
Last edit: 16 Jan 2018 05:12 by martin_csr.