quick turn throttle

• DoctoRot
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
More
02 Jul 2017 01:48 #765879 by DoctoRot
quick turn throttle was created by DoctoRot
Has anybody used one on their KZ? I mostly want it to give the me some space from the kill switch as i keep accidentally bumping it off, but Also a being able to go WOT with-out re-positioning my hand would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2017 06:13 #765884 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic quick turn throttle
Not on my KZ, but I had one on my BSA. If you install one be very careful when riding. When riding my BSA if I hit even a moderate size bump or pothole I would sometimes accidentally snap the throttle wide open. Thrill ride time! :woohoo: Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
More
02 Jul 2017 08:45 #765901 by CoreyClough
Replied by CoreyClough on topic quick turn throttle
If you bike uses two throttle cables, one for opening, and one for closing, then Motion Pro can make a custom kit for you.
www.motionpro.com/featured/rev2_throttle

I have one on my 1985 GPz550, and am using CV32 Carbs from a ZX600 (A, B, C). Had to replace the stock on/off/start/stop switch with one of theirs, and wire it in. Once you fine one of the interchangeable "reels" you like, stay with it.

'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctoRot

• DoctoRot
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
02 Jul 2017 12:20 #765909 by DoctoRot
Replied by DoctoRot on topic quick turn throttle
I was looking at the motion Pro Rev2 throttle but its kinda expensive. However the progressive cable pull is very interesting. Im looking at these as they are a bit cheaper

japan.webike.net/products/21345640.html
japan.webike.net/products/20875160.html

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
More
04 Jul 2017 07:46 - 04 Jul 2017 07:48 #766032 by CoreyClough
Replied by CoreyClough on topic quick turn throttle
Before you purchase that throttle assembly, e-mail Motion Pro Custom Cables, and let them reply.

Something additional to think about. The cable assembly has an amount of inner wire "free length". This free length(exposed inner wire) is shared between the throttle assembly, and the carb linkage. Change the carbs, and or the throttle, and you will have a different required free length. Too much free length, and the throttle will not open the carbs completely. Too little free length, and the carbs may not close completely. There are in-line adjusters to take up the excessive cable wire, making the housing longer. Also over time, the cable doesn't stretch, the housing compresses, making you run out of adjustment. It isn't that expensive to have a custom cable made for the throttle you are using, and the carbs too. You can trial and error with different cables, as there are some that might be close, but if you have the time, do it once, and do it right.

This is just my opinion.

'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp
Last edit: 04 Jul 2017 07:48 by CoreyClough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctoRot

• DoctoRot
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
04 Jul 2017 11:15 - 04 Jul 2017 11:20 #766048 by DoctoRot
Replied by DoctoRot on topic quick turn throttle
the deal breaker for the motion pro throttle is I cant use my OEM kill switch, which i absolutely love the look of. I'm using cables i currently have that have the same mount of OEM slack. So far those cables will open the carbs completely and seem to work well on the RS34 carbs. The throttle sleeve i was using was ⌀ 28.5mm and i went to ⌀ 32mm on the new throttle, hopefully this makes it a bit easier to go to WOT but not make it too squirrely for the street. Only $16 for shipping from Japan.
Last edit: 04 Jul 2017 11:20 by DoctoRot.