No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

kz650 - Anyone seen these Rear Shocks?

More
01 Jul 2017 05:19 #765817 by morgand11
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationkz650 - Anyone seen these Rear Shocks? was created by morgand11
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Apparantly made in Japan...but that's about all I know!

Zdave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2017 05:36 #765818 by TwoCam
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by TwoCam on topic kz650 - Anyone seen these Rear Shocks?
Look like stock replacements......is the length the same as your bike?

More
01 Jul 2017 07:19 - 02 Jul 2017 06:42 #765830 by martin_csr
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by martin_csr on topic kz650 - Anyone seen these Rear Shocks?
I would ask if the parts are actually manufactured in Japan. I bet they aren't.
He probably lists the country of origin as Japan because Kawasaki is a Japanese company.

That particular seller has some misleading listings, imho. for instance he has a reproduction headlight ring kit but there is a "Kawasaki" label in the photo & he uses Kawasaki oem part numbers. There are other examples. On a Z1 item he says it's original oem, but I know for a fact that it isn't.
Last edit: 02 Jul 2017 06:42 by martin_csr.

More
01 Jul 2017 08:06 - 01 Jul 2017 08:23 #765831 by JR
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by JR on topic kz650 - Anyone seen these Rear Shocks?
They look like shocks I bought a few years ago from Z1Enterprises. Z1 still sell the same shocks but with a red reflector. Mine have "FORSA" stamped on the lower end. Forsa are a Taiwan based shock manufacturer.
I find them ok. Certainly better than the original shocks which they replaced and just fine for what I do.
I measured and mine are 350 - 355 mm or thereabouts. A bit longer than stock. If you go with a longer shock check drive chain tension with wheels on the ground rather than bike on centre stand

Here's a photo for comparison.

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jul 2017 08:23 by JR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1