rear brake for 1978 Z1r

More
08 Oct 2016 03:23 #744738 by KawiTom
rear brake for 1978 Z1r was created by KawiTom
I've been searching for a shop/repair manual that includes info on the '78 KZ1000, particularly the brake pad changing procedure for the rear disc brake (of the Z1R model). I have the complete parts diagram/list that shows the parts but no details on pad changing procedure. Earlier model rear disc brakes of '76 & '77 I am familiar with. Somewhere I saw a shop repair manual that included the '78 model rear disc brake systems (the square pad version calipers of the Z1R's) but I am at a loss to find it now lol. I just don't want to pop them out not being certain of what clips, springs or keepers that will come out with them, so I can be assured that I have them reinstalled correctly. I saved a couple pics of the caliper in question to my PC but apparently they didn't get to the intended folder. I will post a pic or 2 when I find them if it helps. Thanks for any tips or info.

KZ650SR
H2 750
H1 500

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2016 07:16 #744758 by KawiTom
Replied by KawiTom on topic rear brake for 1978 Z1r
P.S. I did find what I was looking for, a downloadabl pdf's of various manuals. Apparently UK versions but I found the info I needed about my particular work in question. This info might be useful to others...

www.zedrider.co.uk/service--owners-manuals.html

KZ650SR
H2 750
H1 500
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.