GPZ 1100 missing parts

More
29 Aug 2016 03:55 #740356 by chuck hahn
GPZ 1100 missing parts was created by chuck hahn
Just got an 82 red GPZ 1100 and its missing a few pieces. My question is what bikes are the same as this bike as far as things like will the Center stand from any KZ 1000 or GPZ fit it?? What about the handlebar rubber pad?? Basically I need to know what bikes used the common parts so I know what Im looking at on Ebay,

Heres whats missing""

Handlebar rubber pad thing
Center stand and spring
Both control levers are broke
Chain guard
Fork tubes are pitted pretty good and will need fork seals and dust boots.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2016 05:19 #740363 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic GPZ 1100 missing parts
Take a look at www.powersportswarehouse.com/p/Kawasaki#...100-B2_GPz_(1982)//1

When you get to that link click on "Select Assembly". That will give you a drop down list of titles of parts diagrams. Find the title of the diagram you want to see. For example, scroll down until you get to the title "Stands". Click on that title and you will get the diagram. Find the part in question in the diagram - for example the center stand has the number "34011" next to it. Find that number in the parts list below the diagram and you will see the part number next to that number - in this case the part number is "34011-1032". Copy that part number into the block near the top of the page next to the word "Search" (That block will probably show"Search for product or part number...") When you put the part number in that box you will get a drop down menu. Click on "Kawasaki 34011-1032" in that menu and you will get another menu. In that menu under "Where Used" click on "Select Model". That will then give you a list of models that used that part number. I know this sounds a little complicated, but after you try it a few times it becomes very easy. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
29 Aug 2016 05:35 - 29 Aug 2016 06:05 #740366 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic GPZ 1100 missing parts
Another place with a cross-reference is Partzilla & their diagrams are probably the easiest to use. Once into the diagrams just click on a part name to get to the x-ref. Although this is a rare occurrence, please note that the diagrams may not be 100% accurate, so for some stuff you should double check the part numbers at Kawasaki.com if possible. Also, in some cases a part may fit, but it won't show up n the cross-ref because it's different for some minor reason or another, such as being black instead of silver.

Partzilla registering. The sign-up is easy but not necessary. You can get to the full part numbers & x-ref by clicking the part name, but if you sign in the full part numbers are shown to the right of the diagram drawings which is kinda handy..
Last edit: 29 Aug 2016 06:05 by martin_csr.