Front Master Cylinder to long

More
19 Aug 2016 06:25 #739220 by lemonyguy
Front Master Cylinder to long was created by lemonyguy
Not sure if this is the right spot but it seems best to me ATM

Now my problem is my stock master cylinder and reservoir are too long and hit my front forks, what I was thinking is an aftermarket one but I can't seem to find one. My problem is from where the bar clamp is to the forks is like only 3-4 inchs, I get exact measurements at lunch. I'm ok with the reservoir being attached or separate as long as the anything on the left side of the bar clamp is shorter than by measurements. Let me know what you all think.

Another idea is if possible I can move my kill switch/starter button if the make another way to connect the throttle cables to the handle. It's the all in one package where cables run through the starter thing and wires run beside them. I have zero problem rewiring that to else where and getting some to make the that be thing cause that plastic box eats up like 2-3 inchs.

The bike is an 85 zn700a2 ltd shaft with drag bars, 28 inch wide ones if I remember.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2016 07:10 #739223 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Front Master Cylinder to long
Why not simply buy a decent set of handlebars? Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
19 Aug 2016 08:02 #739225 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Front Master Cylinder to long
Without a photo of the situation it's almost impossible to make a recommendation. Worst case get yourself a different master cylinder and brake line. You should be replacing the brake lines anyway if they are the original 33 year old rubber lines.

There are dozens of different master cylinder options, just check ebay. Get something with adequate clearance and make sure the bore size is 5/8" or 16mm.

More
19 Aug 2016 09:17 - 19 Aug 2016 09:27 #739228 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Front Master Cylinder to long
eebbaayy search = KZ750 master cylinder
16mm bore is for dual disk. 12.5 mm = single disk. 14 mm is for either?
The aftermarket units typically come in black, chrome or grey.
When buying non-stock, be sure to note the location/orientation of the brake line port & br light switch.
The brake line exit towards the front on the two linked below, which might be good for drag bars. just a couple of examples.

16mm Kawasaki Ninja Eliminator KZ700 750 Brake Master Cylinder --- k1motorcycle

14mm - KLR650 etc -usa-motorcycles-inc

Last edit: 19 Aug 2016 09:27 by martin_csr.

More
19 Aug 2016 10:08 #739233 by StreetfighterKz
Replied by StreetfighterKz on topic Front Master Cylinder to long
I swapped to a Zx11 M/C when I had clip-ons's yearssss ago on my 1000. The overall length was shorter than a stock M/C and the outlet port was on the front versus the end.

Later, Doug

1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax