KZ 750 CSR 1982 Front brake seal kits

• Captainkiwi
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Vrooooooooom
More
20 Jun 2016 10:52 #732127 by Captainkiwi
KZ 750 CSR 1982 Front brake seal kits was created by Captainkiwi
I've just purchased a KZ 750 CSR 1982 and I need to find the correct seal kit for the front break caliper I've seen several liste on eBay but am not sure if they are the right ones for my model as they are listed to fit other models also. I'm in the USA . Anyone with any helpful advise for this minor issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2016 12:02 #732133 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic KZ 750 CSR 1982 Front brake seal kits
Welcome aboard! You may not be aware of it, but Kawasaki built a BUNCH of different KZ750 models. Some were 4 cylinder bikes based on the Z1, some were 4 cylinder bikes based on the KZ650, and some were 2 cylinder bikes. All of these models have major differences, so it is absolutely essential that you know which year & model bike you have and that you include that info in any posting where you are seeking advice. The easiest way to do that is to add your bike’s year and model to your signature line; that way you never need to remember to include it again.

Since you identified your bike as a 1982 KZ 750 CSR I will assume it is a KZ750-M1. That is the model number for a 1982 2-cylinder KZ750-CSR. If that is correct you can find the Kawasaki part numbers for the front brake caliper at www.powersportswarehouse.com/p/Kawasaki#...0-M1-1982/080102E-13 . Some parts may still be available from Kawasaki, but for any that are not I recommend you look for a new old stock (NOS) genuine Kawasaki part on eBay by using the Kawasaki part number in your search. If you still cannot find a part be sure to ask here and include the part number you are trying to find. Some folks are pretty good at finding obsolete parts. I would only use an aftermarket brake caliper part as a very last resort. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism

More
20 Jun 2016 13:29 #732139 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic KZ 750 CSR 1982 Front brake seal kits
I agree with Ed regarding using real Kawasaki parts. Stay clear of K&L brake caliper seals and/or master cylinder kits since quality is iffy.

Since you are busting down the system don't forget to change the brake line. 35 year old rubber parts are bad juju and should be updated. They typically carry a scale on the inside which quickly contaminates your fresh brake fluid during the rebuild.

More
20 Jun 2016 13:57 - 20 Jun 2016 13:58 #732144 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic KZ 750 CSR 1982 Front brake seal kits
Partzilla indicates that most of the typical rebuild parts are still available for the 1982 KZ750-M1 CSR Twin, as they show photos of the various caliper parts, including the piston. FYI, according to their cross-reference, the 750-csr uses the same Fr Br pads as the KZ1000-P police models up to 2001. I usually double-check the part numbers at Kawasaki.com to verify the x-ref, as partzilla occasionally has errors.

note about partzilla & parts availability: some stuff is clearly marked part obsolete. but some parts have a price & would seem to be available, when in fact they are nla. one clue is whether or not there is a photo of the part. If there is a photo, they probably have it. If no photo, maybe not.
Last edit: 20 Jun 2016 13:58 by martin_csr.

• Captainkiwi
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Vrooooooooom
More
20 Jun 2016 14:38 #732148 by Captainkiwi
Replied by Captainkiwi on topic KZ 750 CSR 1982 Front brake seal kits
Thanks again for all of your help I'm so pleased I've found this awesome forum ......I'm sure I'm gonna have a lot more questions .....I've found the parts at Partzilla and they are on there way .....they seem to have everything I am gonna need ......thanks