Help identifying screw from front sprocket cover

• midwesterner
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 Jun 2016 08:23 - 01 Jun 2016 08:26 #729493 by midwesterner
I purchased my first bike a month ago and last week I took the bike apart to replace the sprockets. While cleaning away years of caked on grease this screw came tumbling out of the cover I removed to get at the front sprocket. Please help me identify where this screw belongs so I can piece the bike back together properly. The bike is a 1975 Kz400d. Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jun 2016 08:26 by midwesterner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2016 08:29 - 01 Jun 2016 08:53 #729494 by loudhvx
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThat looks like the screw from an oem hose clamp. Probably someone dropped it in there, and it has long been replaced. Can probably toss it. I just imagine someone throwing wrenches around, going insane, trying to find that screw. :laugh:

Here, if you want a replacement with the proper patina:

Funny he uses a Morgan silver dollar for scale, as if everyone has one laying around.
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jun 2016 08:53 by loudhvx.

• midwesterner
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 Jun 2016 09:01 #729496 by midwesterner
Replied by midwesterner on topic Help identifying screw from front sprocket cover
Thanks for the help! I was almost positive there wasn't a spot for it where I was working. I had been waiting to put the cover back on until I knew for sure.

More
01 Jun 2016 15:39 - 01 Jun 2016 15:39 #729557 by missionkz
Replied by missionkz on topic Help identifying screw from front sprocket cover
On the big fours, there is big hole in the clutch release mechanism/sprocket cover case (above the sprocket cover), near the starter motor cover and under the carbs... I bet it fell in from there.

Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado
Last edit: 01 Jun 2016 15:39 by missionkz.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
01 Jun 2016 17:02 #729566 by SWest
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

loudhvx wrote: That looks like the screw from an oem hose clamp. Probably someone dropped it in there, and it has long been replaced. Can probably toss it. I just imagine someone throwing wrenches around, going insane, trying to find that screw. :laugh:

Here, if you want a replacement with the proper patina:

Funny he uses a Morgan silver dollar for scale, as if everyone has one laying around.

That guy with the silver dollar wants too much for what he has listed. I sent him a message I skip all the ads that has his images in them. He said I will be missing some good parts. I told him to keep them. B)
JERK
Steve