Brakes

More
26 Apr 2016 12:39 #723094 by abfrison
Brakes was created by abfrison
Hello,
Please help. Initially, I was having a problem with my rear brakes dragging/sticking. The rear wheel wouldn't always roll freely. After suggestions, I removed the master cylinder and cleaned/lubricated the internal parts, then reassembled the master cylinder. I also, had a bleeder screw on the rear caliper, in which the head of the screw was bad/rounded. At this point, the brakes were working, they were still sticking, but not as bad. I removed the rear caliper from the rear brake hanger so that I remove the bad bleeder screw. Once I removed the caliper I still needed to remove the brake line so that I could actually get the vice grip pliers on the bad bleeder screw. When I replaced the bleeder screw with a new one and re-installed the caliper, I can’t get the brakes to work. I have bleeded the rear brakes SEVERAL times with no luck. When I bleed the brakes, fluid will come out of the bleeder screw, but with no pressure. It’s only dripping. I don't think I damaged the brake line, because I don't see any fluid dripping from the brake line. I also, don't see any fluid leaking from the caliper. The brake caliper is a Grimeca and the master cylinder is Magura.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
More
26 Apr 2016 13:30 - 26 Apr 2016 13:39 #723103 by bluej58
Replied by bluej58 on topic Brakes
There is a bubble in there some where.
Take a look at your adjustment bolt on the brake pedal, if it is out too far the brake won't release and the fluid won't return to the master cylinder, that will cause pressure the build up and hold the brake.
JD

78 KZ1000 A2A
Last edit: 26 Apr 2016 13:39 by bluej58.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abfrison

More
26 Apr 2016 13:48 #723108 by abfrison
Replied by abfrison on topic Brakes
Thanks. I even tried tapping on the master cylinder and the caliper. Also, both brakes are on the handle bars.