Some noise in my front brakes

More
16 Feb 2016 13:01 - 16 Feb 2016 13:04 #710944 by strum
Some noise in my front brakes was created by strum
Today was warm enough that i threw on some insulated clothes and went for a ride.
This is the first time ive been out since my little spill two weeks ago.
Bike did great but i can hear a little noise front the front calipers.
this was here before i took my spill but since ive been fixing or as my wife would say "slinging dollars"
I need to fix this.
I think i know what s wrong but a littler input would be helpful ..
I had replaced pads on both calipers , replace the master cylinder with a Shindy, the right side caliper I dissembled, cleaned,lubed, and replaced the piston seal. and one of the bolt/pins that the caliper slides.
The other i didnt do because it appeared to be ok.
So the one I didnt take apart is kind of loose feeling when i grab it and the other feels more solid.
I felt no heat difference in either. in fact both calipers and rotors were cool to the touch.
So the provably obvious question here is the noise coming from the loose feeling one ?
When i was rolling slowly approaching my drive way i could hear the noise and just a slight touch on the lever makes it go away.

Blairsville Ga.

1980 KZ1000 Shaft (sold and missed already)
2003 ZRX 1200R (sold)
2003 Concours ZG1000 (just purchased)
Last edit: 16 Feb 2016 13:04 by strum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2016 14:52 #710962 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Some noise in my front brakes
New pads an be a little noisy until they break in. If you want to positively identify which side the noise is on you can jack the front wheel off the ground and spin the tire by hand while listening. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
16 Feb 2016 16:12 #710980 by razmo99
Replied by razmo99 on topic Some noise in my front brakes
Also ensure you have the anti-rattle springs and all other brake caliper components installed, they will make alot of noise without them.

- Z500 B4
-GPZ900R A9-10 ish

More
17 Feb 2016 15:21 #711147 by strum
Replied by strum on topic Some noise in my front brakes

razmo99 wrote: Also ensure you have the anti-rattle springs and all other brake caliper components installed, they will make alot of noise without them.

I took the caliper apart and found the same issue i had with the other side.
The caliper holder shafts have a sleeve on them to prevent rattle.. and the sleeve is missing ..so im off to the internet for a search..blah..
The Kz1000 shaft calipers are the same as the Kz 1300's but different from any of the other Kzs so its a little harder to find parts.

Blairsville Ga.

1980 KZ1000 Shaft (sold and missed already)
2003 ZRX 1200R (sold)
2003 Concours ZG1000 (just purchased)