Brake Line Success Story

More
11 Aug 2015 17:37 #685451 by havakaw
Brake Line Success Story was created by havakaw
OK. So after replacing a faulty fork seal and related bushings, the front brake decided not to work correctly. The right rotor got warm,but the left stayed cold. I thot it was a caliper problem untill I disconnected the left hose at the caliper and no fluid came out. It did come out at the splitter telling me the left hoze had a blockage. Well,I contacted my local dealer and IF a new hoze was available,it would be $100 plus. Right. So after asking around,I found a place in town that did custom brake hoses. Rubber or braided. So on my day off,I took the old line off,go down there and ask how much and how long. The guy says he will do TWO braided lines for $100 with new crush rings. I watched him do it in less than 30 minutes. I got red ones to match the 1100 paint scheme. Got everything bled out and am riding again. They will do mail order business if anybody is interested.Hats off to Empire Radiator in Rochester NY.

'80 KZ 750 LTD-H
'82 KZ 1100 A-2 Shafty (ex-bagger)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2015 15:00 #685542 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic Brake Line Success Story
Fark those rubber lines havakaw - once you have braided you will never go back even though they are illegal here - fark illegal, when something works considerably better. Its only illegal if you get caught anyway ;)

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.