'81 KZ750 project,,, help me identify these parts?

More
29 Jul 2015 06:21 - 29 Jul 2015 20:11 #683268 by jcurriert
Hey fellas,
Bought a 81 LTD KZ750 and some of it was in boxes.... I have no clue where these parts install.... Can you help... Thanks in advance
Game time,,,,,and,,,,, GO!

-Black 1981 KZ750 LTD (Sold)
-Met. Blue 1982 KZ750 LTD(currently fixing)
-Blue 1982 KZ750 LTD parts bike (parting out)
Last edit: 29 Jul 2015 20:11 by jcurriert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2015 06:30 #683270 by 650ed
The 4 springs marked #1 look like the springs that wrap around the carb to airbox ducts – they hold the ducts tight on the carbs.

The little bracket marked #7 looks like one of the 2 that would be used to secure the airbox to the frame.

The brackets marked #8 look like exhaust system brackets. The one on the right side of the photo has what appears to be a bumper for the center stand, so that bracket is for the left hand side of the bike, the other one is for the right hand side.

The items marked #9 look to be aftermarket engine case guards.

Did the bike come with the airbox and stock exhaust? If not, that may be why #1, #7, and #8 were in the box rather than on the bike. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
29 Jul 2015 07:29 #683287 by martin_csr
#2 = ??? .... Are they rubber?

#3 = meter damper --- tachometer, LH.
There are 3 other similar dampers --- 1 for the tach & 2 for the speedo.

#4 = meter damper/fittings --- fitted between meter bracket & meter covers .

#5 = hardware store clamps

#6 = helmet lock --- located near seat lock.

#10 = Tandem seat bracket (Rt side).
The bike has an unusual 2-piece seat & the bracket is one of two for the rear/tandem/passenger seat.

More
29 Jul 2015 15:19 - 29 Jul 2015 20:12 #683346 by jcurriert
#1 look like the springs that wrap around the carb to airbox ducts – they hold the ducts tight on the carbs OK not needed have aftermarket filters now
#2 = ??? .... Are they rubber? No metal for a throttle cable maybe?
#3 = meter damper --- tachometer, LH.There are 3 other similar dampers --- 1 for the tach & 2 for the speedo.
#4 = meter damper/fittings --- fitted between meter bracket & meter covers .
#5 = hardware store clamps Would they be to hold the exhaust together,,, I dont seem to have any clamps here?
#6 = helmet lock --- located near seat lock I already have a keyed type lock not in pic? Is this the seat or helmet lock? anyone have location pics?
#7 looks like one of the 2 that would be used to secure the airbox to the frame. Ok no needed then
#8 look like exhaust system brackets. The one on the right side of the photo has what appears to be a bumper for the center stand, so that bracket is for the left hand side of the bike, the other one is for the right hand side.
#9 look to be aftermarket engine case guards. Do you think they are for this bike?? might be just thrown in the box?
#10 = Tandem seat bracket (Rt side). Is there another side missing maybe? yikes
The bike has an unusual 2-piece seat & the bracket is one of two for the rear/tandem/passenger seat.
#11 = just found,,, whats this?

Did the bike come with the airbox and stock exhaust? If not, that may be why #1, #7, and #8 were in the box rather than on the bike
Stock exhaust yes which is in the box as well... but i have the stock air box in the box also and aftermarket filters installed currently.

-Black 1981 KZ750 LTD (Sold)
-Met. Blue 1982 KZ750 LTD(currently fixing)
-Blue 1982 KZ750 LTD parts bike (parting out)
Last edit: 29 Jul 2015 20:12 by jcurriert.

More
29 Jul 2015 20:36 #683387 by azman857
#2 raises the handlebar. Take the upper clamps off. Move the handlebars out of the way. Place them in whare the bars go.Place the bars on them and with longer bolts reassemble.

I don't have a plan and I'm sticken' to it! '77 KZ 650 / 750 GPz custom project in progress

More
30 Jul 2015 06:13 - 30 Jul 2015 07:41 #683416 by martin_csr
I would install the stock airbox with new airbox ducts from Z1Enterprises.com.

#5 = hardware store clamps. Yes, they can be used for the exhaust system, assuming the size is suitable.
The stock muffler system should have various clamps. reference the diagrams at Kawasaki.com or elsewhere.

#6 = helmet lock. It is mounted at the same spot as the battery bracket. notice it is push button actuated, not keyed. You have to unlock & raise the seat to operate it. Additionally, there is a keyed helmet lock that is normally bolted to the rear of the frame on the right side.

#10 = tandem seat bracket. Yes. see note in previous reply &/or reference the parts diagrams at Kawasaki.com.

#11 = bracket for accessory fuse box. It mounts to a LH frame tab & is angled behind the rearward side cover mount. Install with a damper & bushing. see diagrams.
Last edit: 30 Jul 2015 07:41 by martin_csr.