Highway pegs?

More
30 Apr 2015 20:50 #670201 by New 750
Highway pegs? was created by New 750
Hello I have a 1977 kawasaki kz750, my previous and first bike was a 1982 yamaha xs400 twin, it had crash bars with highway begs installed on them, I love that position, being able to stretch my legs! I can find nothing for this bike, not even crash bars? I would not mind not having the crash bars, but really want highway pegs, anyone install these, have any pics, ideas? There has to be an alternative mounting place for a set, I just cant see it. Thanks again for your help! Nathan.

1977 kawasaki KZ750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
More
30 Apr 2015 22:29 #670215 by DoctoRot
Replied by DoctoRot on topic Highway pegs?
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThere are a couple ways to go about this. The best ways will involve crash bars unless you weld something to the frame. You can get the big crash bar, the kind that looks like a big "D" and get some clip on foot pegs for it. example:

You can get the smaller "cage type" crash bars and either get some clip on pegs for it or have a tab welded on so you can bolt them on.
here is an example but i think they might be for a kz750 - four not the twin.

you can bolt some pegs on to the motor mounts. the problem with this option is will likely decrease your lean angle. if you go this route mount them as high as possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.