Rear Master Cylinder

More
02 Mar 2015 18:17 - 02 Mar 2015 18:18 #663251 by BLSSeattle
Rear Master Cylinder was created by BLSSeattle
Hi all. I have a 79 KZ1300 and my rear brakes are not working. A rebuild kit looks like it would do the trick. The rubber behind the plate looks worn and is making a sloppy sound. Thing is, I cannot find a rebuild kit anywhere. I see tons of FRONT rebuild kits but none for the rear.

Ideas? Anyone know anywhere to find a kit for the rear? I appreciate the help. If I have to buy a whole new one then that's what I have to do. But I can't find any of those either. -Mike
Last edit: 02 Mar 2015 18:18 by BLSSeattle. Reason: Misspelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2015 18:33 #663253 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Rear Master Cylinder

BLSSeattle wrote: Hi all. I have a 79 KZ1300 and my rear brakes are not working. A rebuild kit looks like it would do the trick. The rubber behind the plate looks worn and is making a sloppy sound....

Master cylinder or caliper?
What rubber? What plate?

Sometimes m/c may be restored to serviceable condition by cleaning and unclogging the relief port and supply port.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
02 Mar 2015 19:15 #663259 by BLSSeattle
Replied by BLSSeattle on topic Rear Master Cylinder
I'm referring to the mounting plate the mc and foot peg and brake lever are on. The spring/plunger system behind that plate- the backside of the mc. Sorry, I'm handy but no technical mechanic. the rubber looks work and is making a squishy sound when the brake lever is pressed. And fluid leaks out as well. There has to be a rebuild kit for the rear somewhere.

More
02 Mar 2015 19:38 #663260 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Rear Master Cylinder
I don't know how much this helps (if any), but the folks at the link below have the seals for the rear master cylinder. See their stock #ZP-43020-1024. Ed

www.zed-parts.com/Z1300_parts_shop.html

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
02 Mar 2015 20:08 #663263 by BLSSeattle
Replied by BLSSeattle on topic Rear Master Cylinder
Thanks. I'll look into those. I'm gonna tear the whole thing down and see what looks the worst.