38mm dust covers

More
19 Jan 2015 11:47 #659099 by kzjockey
38mm dust covers was created by kzjockey
I may be in the wrong place, still learning the site, i have used the search feature and was unable to turn up the information im looking for, feel free to redirect me. So I'm looking for chrome dust covers for my 2002 kzp, ive been told i have 38mm forks, and searching for something like that online has turned up nothing. I may not even be calling them by their proper name. But something similiar to those chrome fork lower caps/dust covers seen on harleys is what I'm looking for. Any help is much appreciated

Brady, rider of the noble steed "Silver Bullet", the Dyna demolishing, sportster slaying, Harley hunter

2002 kz1000p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
19 Jan 2015 12:38 #659105 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic 38mm dust covers
You can try z1enterprizes. I know they have them for my Z1.

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
More
19 Jan 2015 16:41 #659130 by DoctoRot
Replied by DoctoRot on topic 38mm dust covers
Welcome to the forum. The search feature automatically searches for posts within a year (i know, its stupid) so if you go to advanced search under "forum" and then on "Find Posts from" select "any date" you often will get a lot more search results. They are indeed called dust covers, and as far as i know the KZP's all had 38mm forks, however i have never seen chrome ones on a KZ, as they are rubber. It also doesn't appear Z1 is carrying them, although they do have fork seals :(

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
19 Jan 2015 16:45 #659131 by SWest
They fit over the dust boots. I was planning on buying a pair.
Steve

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
19 Jan 2015 16:56 #659132 by SWest
Correction, they're billet aluminum and have O rings. Out of stock. Don't know if they will fit a KZP.
Steve

More
19 Jan 2015 19:26 #659151 by kzjockey
Replied by kzjockey on topic 38mm dust covers
Thanks for the heads up on the advanced search, I'm suddenly getting alot more results! Yeah I've seen the tapered rubber dust covers, which aren't a horrible alternative, I'll probably end up going that route if i dont turn up anything on a chrome variety soon. I'm just not a huge fan of the gaiters, they seem to really clutter up my forks.

Hey swest, do you happen to know what size forks you found those billet aluminum ones for? Thats exactly what I'm looking for, but everything i can find is 39mm

Brady, rider of the noble steed "Silver Bullet", the Dyna demolishing, sportster slaying, Harley hunter

2002 kz1000p