Is my frame bent?

More
09 Sep 2014 18:08 #646927 by dkoz
Replied by dkoz on topic Re:Is my frame bent?
To Dr gamma.
His insurance is state farm. As for the bike it was well documented on redlinecycle Web as the high end b2 that was offered in red or black. I'm sure they will still try and stick me.i talked to jim and price is up to 14 grand for the same restoration job.

And to line artist .thanks for asking how I'm doing.
6 plates to reconstruct my pelvis. Pins screws rods in ankle foot and calf.
108 staples. .50 sutures. .

1978 LTD B2 smashed
1978 Z1R D1
1978 A2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2014 18:35 - 09 Sep 2014 18:36 #646932 by Dr. Gamma
Replied by Dr. Gamma on topic Is my frame bent?
I just saw you are from my old neck of the woods. I used to live right on the border of Illinois and Indiana. I could throw a rock to State Line Pizza.

Get yourself a real good Jewish lawyer and sue the sh@t out of them!!! Don't forget your pain and suffering too. I wish you the best trying to get money out of his insurance company. Been there Done that. 10 to 1 you will have a big fight on your hands over how much your bike is really worth. Get all the documentation you can on what a perfect condition 1000 LTD is worth. Insurance companies get a lot more cooperative when they find out you have a lawyer!!! I hope the other guy got a ticket in the crash. Then you and your lawyer almost have them by the testicles.!!!

Insurance companies pay people to settle for the least amount of money they can. Don't fall for that mr. nice guy routine they play.

Glad you are still here to put you and your bike back together!!

1972 H2 750 Cafe Racer built in 1974.
1976 KH400 Production Road Racer.
1979 Kz1000 MK. II Old AMA/WERA Superbike.
1986 RG500G 2 stroke terror.
1986 GSXR750RG The one with the clutch that rattles!

Up in the hills near Prescott, Az.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 18:36 by Dr. Gamma. Reason: badd speelling

More
09 Sep 2014 23:00 #646967 by bluezbike
Replied by bluezbike on topic Is my frame bent?
Sounds like you are now a bionic man.....good to hear you are doing better, 27 days in the hospital is certainly an ordeal. I wouldn't worry too much about the frame, if it is bent a decent used frame is only about $100-200.....all the other stuff that got hit is going to be the costly business.....agree with Dr.Gamma about a lawyer and do not forget pain and suffering, that's huge. Take pictures of the staples and stitches, the more gruesome the better to quell any arguments/cr@p the other side may have.....my son went through that himself a couple of years ago. He was offered his then Vespa back for $100 which he took as he had rebuilt the motor as it was OK , he shoved that into another frame and off he went again. One thing to maybe think about is if the insurance company offers you too low an amount perhaps decline that and ask them instead to just get you a replacement bike to the same standard as your original one......and then point them to Redline......that should wake them up.....good luck and keep us up on how you are doing

79 KZ 1000 LTD
77 KZ 1000 B1 LTD (awaiting electrical resurrection)

More
11 Sep 2014 11:23 #647150 by MDZ1rider
Replied by MDZ1rider on topic Is my frame bent?
One lesson for everyone here...If you have an above average condition or high level restoration/modified bike, consider an "agreed value" insurance policy. You provide photos/documentation on your bike and the insurance company does an appraisal based the current market. There's typically some limitations on miles per year or requirements like you store the bike in a garage. If you value your bike, these are things you're probably doing anyway. The cost is not significantly more than a standard policy due to the care/use terms. Even if someone else is at fault, your policy will have to cover the difference. Arguing the value of your bike after it is wrecked is not going to be easy. You'll probably need a lawyer that is going to take 30% of what ever you get anyway. With the value agreed to ahead of time, your insurance company will do the arguing for you. You get your bike repaired/replaced either way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluezbike

More
11 Sep 2014 13:39 #647159 by floivanus
Replied by floivanus on topic Is my frame bent?
Agreed about insurance companies being wrong on the value of classic bikes, last year when my 73 Z1 dissapeared, well lets say I only got $200 for a rolling chassis, engine, and body set that I had documented proof of over 2.5k invested.
Still pisses me off, keep trying to find a good z1 to get into but after that fiasco, not sure I want to, good luck dkoz

my bikes; 80kz1000(project), 77 gl1000, 74 h2 (project)
Past; 78 kz1000, 83 kz550
Andrew