ZRX shocks

More
30 Jul 2014 21:26 #642097 by Markovich
ZRX shocks was created by Markovich
I really like the look of the ZRX shocks. Quick question, will they fit my KZ1000 without modification?

1990 KZ1000P, 72k miles, 10 years in storage, new, bars, tires, chain and sprockets, seat, carbs cleaned, police equipement removed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
31 Jul 2014 00:49 #642110 by Forrest
Replied by Forrest on topic ZRX shocks
I am uncertain of a direct bolt on application. I know some forum members have used ZRX shocks and a ZRX swing arm with slight modification to either the upper mount spacing and/or swing arm pivot. I would do a search like this >>>> www.kzrider.com/forum/search?query=ZRX%20shocks&childforums=1 OR, search under the Chassis section for more info.

I own a KZ 650 and a ZRX 1200R. I am no expert on the ZRX shocks bolting on to a stock KZ swing arm. If it turns out to be a hassle and you do not wish to replace the swing arm, some shock manufacturers will work with you to provide a shock that will fit your KZ 1000. Works Performance makes shocks in this manner I replaced the stock shocks on my KZ 650 with new steel tracker units. For you new bolt on shocks made for your bikes specs could be an option for a comparable cost of used ZRX shocks and swing arm. New shocks with the piggy back reservoir are substantially more $$$ than a non reservoir dual rate shock from Works. If it all about looks you may be able to find some used ZRX shocks. The piggy back reservoir on new shocks are typically made for higher performance applications such as racing, track days, etc. The stock ZRX units are not high performance and if you buy, I suggest servicing them. They have been known to lose their nitrogen charge in the reservoir. Here is a link >>> www.worksperformance.com/html/street.html
Also, Bitubo makes some nice piggy back reservoir shocks but not sure of availability for your KZ. And, suspension company like Traxxion Dynamics can rebuild the ZRX shocks as well as provide Bitubos. Wish you the best with sorting your suspension needs.

KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Markovich

More
31 Jul 2014 06:29 #642125 by etbike3135
Replied by etbike3135 on topic ZRX shocks
They are the best shocks I've ever used. Had them on both 82 LTD and 76 KZ 900. They bolt right up however I had chain guard clearance issues on both. A little cutting of the chain guard and they fit fine.

1973 Kawasaki Z1
18 years in dragbikes

More
31 Jul 2014 06:50 - 31 Jul 2014 06:51 #642128 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic ZRX shocks
I have them on my Z1-B. Even with cutting the chain guard I got some chain to spring contact. I just spaced out the shock a little with flat washers. I also did the lowering mod by cutting off the preload adjustment tabs utilizing the upper casting as the new tabs.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125
Last edit: 31 Jul 2014 06:51 by Kidkawie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markovich

More
31 Jul 2014 08:08 #642141 by Markovich
Replied by Markovich on topic ZRX shocks
That's what I needed to know. All I need to do is stumble across the right deal. :)

1990 KZ1000P, 72k miles, 10 years in storage, new, bars, tires, chain and sprockets, seat, carbs cleaned, police equipement removed.