Brakes and Fork Advice - First Post

• jakethesnake848
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 Jul 2014 18:52 #638629 by jakethesnake848
Brakes and Fork Advice - First Post was created by jakethesnake848
Hello everyone, I am new to the KZ scene. I just purchased a 1977 KZ650 C1 that I am building into a brat style bike. This is my first build and I want to do it right. I cut the frame and I'm fabbing up a loop for it, I have the carbs off and I'm about to rebuild them, I am waiting to get my tank back from being boiled and then I'm going to paint it, so now I'm onto the chassis related stuff.
First off I need new lines and front and rear master cylinders, any ideas where to get good ones that won't kill my budget?

Secondly I need to rebuild the fork and need to get seals and hopefully some progressive springs if anyone makes them, any advice for the best places to get this stuff?

I need quite a few parts for this bike so does anyone know a good supplier to get these things from and other items such as a throttle assembly with cables and engine stuff like points and coils?

I am ditching the stock wiring and have made a custom harness without gauges and only a headlamp and taillight.

Thanks,
Jake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
More
02 Jul 2014 07:45 #638664 by slayer61
Replied by slayer61 on topic Brakes and Fork Advice - First Post
Z1 enterprises will have almost all the stuff you're looking for. Good luck with your project.

Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

[strike]Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit[/strike]
Wife's BIG bike......[strike] 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and [strike]factory FI[/strike] Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods[/strike] SOLD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.