Front Brake Master Cylinder recommendations

More
16 Jun 2014 23:42 #636941 by Markovich
Hi all, I changed the handle bars on my 1990 KZ1000P so I could get away from the big ape hanger style. When I did so I wanted to change the M/C to the straight one. So I go to ebay where they have M/C that will fit KZ1000's. Well, first one was not large enough (not 5/8") so it was spongy. Second was advertised as 5/8" but is also spongy. I am looking for a recommendation of what I should use. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Keith

1990 KZ1000P, 72k miles, 10 years in storage, new, bars, tires, chain and sprockets, seat, carbs cleaned, police equipement removed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
More
17 Jun 2014 00:59 #636945 by DoctoRot
Replied by DoctoRot on topic Front Brake Master Cylinder recommendations
did you check the tiny return hole in the reservoir? My brakes were pretty soft after i cleaned them, realized there was a tiny bit of debris in there. just pushed a pin in there to get it out and was able to get a firm handle.

More
17 Jun 2014 09:50 #636976 by Markovich
Replied by Markovich on topic Front Brake Master Cylinder recommendations
I did notice some bubbles coming from that hole. I will inspect it to see if there is blockage. Hopefully I can use one of my new M/C's. I was looking for alternatives that may be available if I must give up on these. Since the bike is a police model and the factory equipment would be tailored to the apehangers I realize I have to go back to a version that uses a smaller set of bars, if that makes sense. Well, I'll cross my fingers and hope the good doctor is right. Thanks doc, Keith

1990 KZ1000P, 72k miles, 10 years in storage, new, bars, tires, chain and sprockets, seat, carbs cleaned, police equipement removed.