right control/throttle

More
07 Jun 2014 16:16 #635696 by Nduetime
right control/throttle was created by Nduetime
I'm not sure where to post this so I'll post it here.

Can someone tell me if this looks right? It's the throttle and control that came with my kz400 d3 in a plastic bag which, I am trying to put back together. The thing I'm concern with is the round plastic piece on the throttle that spins around between the hand grip and the control. From this photo, it appears to be like a logical position for it.

However, with it in that position there is cause for concern when the plastic protrusion interferes with the kill switch (hard to make out from this photo, sorry.)

In the photo below, I don't see this plastic piece between the grip and the control, which is creating some confusion.

'77 KZ400 D4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2014 16:22 #635697 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic right control/throttle
I don't see anything like that in the parts diagram. That looks like one of those aftermarket cruise control gizmos that a previous owner added. Try putting things back together without it. Ed

Attachment 00006_2014-06-07.jpg not found

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:

More
07 Jun 2014 22:03 #635740 by Nduetime
Replied by Nduetime on topic right control/throttle
That's what I've been wondering. I kept looking at parts diagrams and photos and couldn't come up with anything. I've noticed in the past few weeks that some of my parts are from newer models. I'll take another go at it tomorrow and figure it out. Thanks for the reply ed!

'77 KZ400 D4