Brake line for handlebar swap

• The_Proletariat
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
More
09 Apr 2014 18:56 #628478 by The_Proletariat
Replied by The_Proletariat on topic Brake line for handlebar swap
The brake line will be replaced once I am sure I am happy with the handlebar I bought. That is a long way away; I still have to straighten the forks after my accident last fall.

I have replaced the rear brake shoes but the rear brake is pretty useless. I need to replace 41053-1072 and 41050-017 however last time I checked one of these part numbers is now discontinued. The splines on the lever and cam are stripped and the lever rotates on the cam when the brake is applied.

1982 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2014 05:56 - 10 Jun 2014 15:49 #628530 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Brake line for handlebar swap
Rear Brake. You can get the Rr Br parts on eebbaayy.... either individually or the complete Br panel assy which was used on a bunch of models. 550A/C, 650E/F/H, 750K (Twins). The 550C panel assy is black, but you can use the silver one from the H models.

I would get good used stuff, but some new parts are available.
You can probably get a complete panel assy for about the same price as one of the new parts.
Last edit: 10 Jun 2014 15:49 by martin_csr.

• The_Proletariat
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
More
10 Jun 2014 14:53 #636075 by The_Proletariat
Replied by The_Proletariat on topic Brake line for handlebar swap
I have installed my new bars and am going to have to replace the line. There isn't enough slack in the line to loop it in a safe location away from any possibility of abrasion.

I looked at the Z1 Enterprises brake lines. I have purchased most of my parts for this bike from Z1 but to be honest I have found better prices elsewhere for custom length crimped brake lines. I also cannot determine what the difference is between the two series of Goodridge SS brake line Z1 sells and have not found an answer.

1982 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD