forward controls

• crusierlover
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Mar 2014 08:42 #625534 by crusierlover
forward controls was created by crusierlover
I have 81 kz 1000J.I cant ride the bike comfortably due to the stock footpegs being too far back.I hurt my right knee in a wreck years ago.I know police bikes had forward controls.I cant see any pictures on thenet that let me see how they made them.Do any of you have a police bike or a picture.I know tc choppers or dime city cycles has some generic parts.

Proud owner of 1982 650csr again soon. keeping it this time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2014 08:52 - 17 Mar 2014 08:54 #625535 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic forward controls
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHere are some eBay pics of the brake and shifter pedals/linkage. Ed

BRAKE (click on link and scroll down)

SHIFTER

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Last edit: 17 Mar 2014 08:54 by 650ed.

• crusierlover
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Mar 2014 09:24 #625539 by crusierlover
Replied by crusierlover on topic forward controls
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

650ed wrote: Here are some eBay pics of the brake and shifter pedals/linkage. Ed

BRAKE (click on link and scroll down)

SHIFTER

I had found the one of the shifter side on ebay.i appreciate your help.The picture of the brake pedal I had not seen.It is a 2 piece affair.The forward portion containing the pedal, and a joint vconnecting to a rod, heim joint on the end near rear of bike.I can not see how the whole assembly is bolted on.It doesnt look like they are mounted/anchored to the traingular mounting brackets, but perhaps to a bolt that goes through the frame and engine on the bottom somewhere.I think the shifter side would be pretty easy to make.

Proud owner of 1982 650csr again soon. keeping it this time