Rear Sprocket teeth clocked.

• 4TheKZ1000
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
15 Mar 2014 11:55 #625287 by 4TheKZ1000
Rear Sprocket teeth clocked. was created by 4TheKZ1000
Well I am going though bike as is done over the winter.

Put a new rear sprocket on the bike two years ago. In the process of checking it out, I noticed that the teeth on the rear sprocket was not straight up but clocked to the front. pretty severely.

I guess the beating I put on it the last two years was to much? I ride it hard, but don't drop the clutch or speed shift.

I keep chain tension as per spec?

I oiled chain every 6th time out, so that's not it.

Both my sprockets are Sunstar steel with a 630 O - ring chain.

Why are the sprocket teeth walking on me?

Also would like to go to a 530. Im running 15 - 32 right now in a 630 setup.....what's that in 530.

Thanks, Spencer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
15 Mar 2014 15:20 #625317 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic Rear Sprocket teeth clocked.
Gee Spenc! My Turn :evil: 32 rear? Did you drive it to the Salt Flats in Utah? And make some 5 mile passes? You got 2 years out of a sprocket? :laugh: Lucky you! I always used 14 / 37 on the street.
And by the way divide the front by the rear. This will give you the gear ratio. Which you are looking for. So, compare the 530 ratio to the 630 ratio! And my chick gives me felatio :woohoo: , when changing to 530 like all the NHRA pro-Stock bikes run at 400-500 horsepower run. You can equate your 630 ratio to the 530 ratio. Tsbuki and EK have tensile strenght above and beyond what you will ever need! Just Pay The Man! Money Talks! Jeff Saunders or Gary L in Fla. on ebay can hook you up also.
OH and by the way I have a $10 dollar aluminum rear 35th near new PBI for, sorry you have the disc rear with small bolt pattern. Won't help you. Maybe that Pyhcotic jonny brav some thing joe rockhead, dude in therapy can help you out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil: :evil: :evil: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

OH no! Not a jonnhy bravo war again? :ohmy: :ohmy: :pinch: :pinch:

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

• 4TheKZ1000
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
15 Mar 2014 17:04 #625331 by 4TheKZ1000
Replied by 4TheKZ1000 on topic Rear Sprocket teeth clocked.
Thanks Z.....

I was running a 14 - 35 but would RPM out at 10,500 just before 1/4 mile stripe.

Went with a 14 - 33 and picked up a few tenths.....seemed to be the sweet spot.

Went with a 15 - 32 for a all around setup. Plenty fast and highway friendly.

Will be at 18 - 40 with the 530