dumb question about kickstand

• crusierlover
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Mar 2014 19:29 #625098 by crusierlover
dumb question about kickstand was created by crusierlover
my 81 kz 1000j.the kickstand never goes up all the way,hangs down about halfway all the time.It doesnt look bent, the spring seems to be the right one.The bike leans over the right amount.I was wondering, maybe if its welded onto the frame-its bracket-maybe that is bent.I cant see anything wrong with it, but i cant even mount the exhaust on that side for its being in the way.Any suggestions?

Proud owner of 1982 650csr again soon. keeping it this time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2014 19:35 #625099 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic dumb question about kickstand
Is it possible to physically push the kickstand by hand into a higher non-deployed position?

Pic?

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• crusierlover
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Mar 2014 20:26 #625105 by crusierlover
Replied by crusierlover on topic dumb question about kickstand

Patton wrote: Is it possible to physically push the kickstand by hand into a higher non-deployed position?

Pic?

No.You have been helping me on my other topic on exhaust installation.I get the info I needed about the split collars,flanges,etc and now the kickstand interferes with installation.This bike is fighting me every step.I am thinking about putting a piece of pipe as a chater bar over the kickstand and see if I can bend it up when it is up, to make it go up farther.Then it might not work at all, in which case I will be screwed.I will see tomorrow.

More
13 Mar 2014 20:51 #625107 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic dumb question about kickstand
Including information about bike year and model is helpful to viewers and usually elicits better responses.

It's easy to put the information in your signature where it shows in all posted messages, past and future. And the signature may be changed whenever and as often as desired.

If wanting a signature showing information about the bike in posted messages, it's easy to do.
Here's how:

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

• crusierlover
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Mar 2014 22:31 #625115 by crusierlover
Replied by crusierlover on topic dumb question about kickstand
bike id now on entries.thanks.