Seat issues

• johnjones750csr
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Feb 2014 07:56 #622448 by johnjones750csr
Seat issues was created by johnjones750csr
Hello everyone,

I have an 82 750CSR and I'm doing some light restoration to it so it's reliable and looks decent. I ride it everyday and it's an enjoyable bike to ride. I'm slowly replacing all the pieces that are bad and need it.

One big issues is the seat, The cover is shot, and the seat pan under is in pretty bad shape with rust etc. So bad to the point that there really isn't anything to attatch the seat cover to anymore on one side. My question is, does anyone know of any good replacements available or reproductions of this piece? I'd like to get it replaced and get a new seat cover for it.

Thanks

John Jones
82 750 csr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2014 09:01 #622450 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Seat issues
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThe first eBay listing below says it's a seat cover for the 1982 KZ750-CSR. The second listing below looks like it might be a good seat pan, but I don't know if it fits your model bike. The seller says it's for a KZ750-CSR, but says 1981 and then says 1980, but the on KZ750-CSR I see listed at Kawasaki.com is the 1982 KZ750-M1 (CSR). You may want to inspect the pics carefully and it it looks like the pan is identical to yours you may want to make him an offer. If that's the correct pan and you put the new seat cover on it, it might look good. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
16 Feb 2014 10:20 - 17 Feb 2014 06:59 #622458 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Seat issues
I don't think that is the correct seat. The other 750T stuff the seller has listed appears to be for the 1980 KZ750-G1 Ltd Twin which doesn't have much in common w the 750-CSR, except for the engine. The 750-M1 CSR is pretty much different from the G1 & earlier 750-Twins. The CSR is more similar to the 83-84 750 Ltd Belt twin models & the cross-reference at Kawasaki.com indicates that they have the same seat (82-84 KZ750-M1/K1/K2).
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 06:59 by martin_csr.

• johnjones750csr
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Feb 2014 11:36 #622462 by johnjones750csr
Replied by johnjones750csr on topic Seat issues
Yes, I have already scoured ebay for one, I have not found one yet that matched. I'm going to keep looking but I dont see stuff pop up too much for this bike. sucks, because it runs so good. I might have to just take it apart and take it to someone and have them play doctor with it and see if they can't get it back to at least usable condition.

martin_csr wrote: I don't think that is the correct seat. The other stuff the seller has listed as being for the 750T appears to be for the 1980 KZ750-G1 Ltd Twin which doesn't have much in common w the 750-CSR, except for the engine. The 750-M1 CSR is pretty much different from the G1 & earlier 750-Twins. The CSR is more similar to the 83-84 750 Ltd Belt twin models & the cross-reference at Kawasaki.com indicates that they have the same seat (82-84 KZ750-M1/K1/K2).

More
16 Feb 2014 13:33 #622468 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Seat issues
There are internet bike dismantlers that are pretty reputable and typically more knowledgable that ebay bozos.

If you get a decent pan, a car upholstery shop can put a seat cover on it and even buff up the stuffings. They did a great job on mine.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

• johnjones750csr
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Feb 2014 19:41 #622501 by johnjones750csr
Replied by johnjones750csr on topic Seat issues
That's the next thing I'm going to check, I'm also going to check the local bike junk yard....I hate that place, the people who work there are assholes...but I"ll give them a shot. If all else fails....I might be able to make one out of fiberglass or have the existing one repaired by someone who does metal work. One way or another, it's gotta get fixed.

bountyhunter wrote: There are internet bike dismantlers that are pretty reputable and typically more knowledgable that ebay bozos.

If you get a decent pan, a car upholstery shop can put a seat cover on it and even buff up the stuffings. They did a great job on mine.

More
16 Feb 2014 20:00 #622503 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Seat issues

johnjones750csr wrote: ... seat pan under is in pretty bad shape with rust etc. So bad to the point that there really isn't anything to attatch the seat cover to anymore on one side....

Perhaps the Alligator Strip would be an option. :unsure:

www.hvccycle.com/seats.html

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD