Going from Bridgestone Spitfires 11f to ??

More
22 Oct 2013 11:30 #610812 by Mousley
Hello all, I am interested in going to a more round sport/street type of tire. If you know the look of the spitfires they do not allow that much lean. I want to turn my 82 kz650 into something a little more sporty but still have good all season traction. Any idea's or recommendation's? Am I going to have to change any component's? Thanks for all input.

1982 KZ 650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
22 Oct 2013 12:05 #610821 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Going from Bridgestone Spitfires 11f to ??
AVON Roadrider tires are what I just put on my Kaw. V rated and nice profile and tread pattern for high performance riding or just touring. I have had good luck with Avon tires in the past using both Venom and Cobra tires on my other bike.
Some other excellent choices out there , but Avon are for me.

Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• Grumpy Ole Artist
  • User
  • Eschew Obfuscation!
More
22 Oct 2013 13:28 #610829 by Grumpy Ole Artist
Replied by Grumpy Ole Artist on topic Going from Bridgestone Spitfires 11f to ??
+1!!! I have a couple thousand miles on my road riders now,and I LOVE THEM!!! I'm not a super agressive rider, (Not sure one CAN be, on a 34 year old bike!LOL!)but I haven't reached my "lean limit" yet, nice and sticky! Prices are reasonable, too....Hopefully, they will last a while...

1978 KZ650 B2
Former rides...1976 CB360T, 1985 Shadow 700, 1985 GPZ750Turbo

More
22 Oct 2013 16:49 #610851 by Mousley
Replied by Mousley on topic Going from Bridgestone Spitfires 11f to ??
Thanks guys, That is exactly what I am looking for. :) Is there any modifications I'm going to have to do? Should I get the same size as the current bridgestones? Sorry if these questions sound dumb but I am really just that novice.

1982 KZ 650

• Street Fighter LTD
More
22 Oct 2013 17:17 #610853 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Going from Bridgestone Spitfires 11f to ??

Mousley wrote: Thanks guys, That is exactly what I am looking for. :) Is there any modifications I'm going to have to do? Should I get the same size as the current bridgestones? Sorry if these questions sound dumb but I am really just that novice.

Most likely you will get the best performance from stock sizes and will not have to modify anything.

Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
More
22 Oct 2013 20:21 #610873 by Forrest
Replied by Forrest on topic Going from Bridgestone Spitfires 11f to ??
I have mounted Continental Conti GO! Tires on my KZ650. They are an exact match to original sizes if you are using stock rims:

Front 3.25 X 19"

Rear 4.00 X 18"

These tires can be run with a tube or tubeless if your rims allow this.
They are made with modern compound and tread design and are radial in profile. I can get my lean on and have ridden them in torrential downpours with no loss of control.

They are also reasonably priced. I highly recommend them.

KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

More
24 Oct 2013 20:47 #611072 by mikthebik
Replied by mikthebik on topic Going from Bridgestone Spitfires 11f to ??

Forrest wrote: I have mounted Continental Conti GO! Tires on my KZ650. They are an exact match to original sizes if you are using stock rims:

Front 3.25 X 19"

Rear 4.00 X 18"

These tires can be run with a tube or tubeless if your rims allow this.
They are made with modern compound and tread design and are radial in profile. I can get my lean on and have ridden them in torrential downpours with no loss of control.

They are also reasonably priced. I highly recommend them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll second the Conti's as a good economical choice. Just got the same pair for my GPZ550.. Most Conti are really pricey, but these are made in Korea and in the same price range as IRCs. Haven't been on them yet as bike is in resto. Good to see positive comments on their quality.

More
25 Oct 2013 08:57 #611103 by boatdrinks
Replied by boatdrinks on topic Going from Bridgestone Spitfires 11f to ??
Bridgestone BT45. Nice and sticky. Currently have around 8000 miles on them. Back tire is ready for a new one but the front is still in great shape.

Charles
Madison, AL
1978 KZ650 B2A, Luminous Dark Blue

• Street Fighter LTD
More
25 Oct 2013 09:17 #611105 by Street Fighter LTD

boatdrinks wrote: Bridgestone BT45. Nice and sticky. Currently have around 8000 miles on them. Back tire is ready for a new one but the front is still in great shape.

I loved the BT 45s I just took off my LTD, But was lucky to get 3000 miles on the back tire. Hmmmm, Maybe that's a direct relationship to throttle position and BOOST

More
25 Oct 2013 09:31 #611106 by boatdrinks
Replied by boatdrinks on topic Going from Bridgestone Spitfires 11f to ??
Ya think DiNozo?

Charles
Madison, AL
1978 KZ650 B2A, Luminous Dark Blue

• Street Fighter LTD
More
25 Oct 2013 11:06 #611119 by Street Fighter LTD

boatdrinks wrote: Ya think DiNozo?

LOL