front end and rear end swap.

More
09 Oct 2013 02:16 - 09 Oct 2013 02:25 #609330 by nahnahxl
front end and rear end swap. was created by nahnahxl
Hi everyone. I have a few questions regarding swapping parts for my 1977 kz1000A. So far I've done some research and found that a gs1100e swing arm is a direct fit and can keep the stock master cylinder as long as I drill open the 17mm hold to 20mm. I would like to switch to a modern wheel but match it with the rear and front. Also if I get a gs1100e swing arm, what shocks could I use? (Progressive, Stock, something else. if so what spec would it be) And would i be using stock bolts/axle etc... or the gs1100e bolts/axles/etc...

What modern front end could I use with USD forks and a triple that would work with the fork. I don't mind the drop as the bike was lowered anyways and would just install a new rear set later on to get foot clearance on sharp turns. I love my kz1000 and would like to put modern parts on it. I do not know how to fabricate so the rear set would come later. I am looking to as close as plug and play as much possible. Please let me know if i can just get parts and change bearings/bolts or something else, that would be very helpful. I was hoping using modern kawasaki parts / suzuki (hayabusa) / or such. What should i look for in person if people are parting out parts of a bike (rust, pitting, dents in specific areas)? Thanks for any help and recommendations.

I will be doing a lot of checking on craigslist/ebay listings for parts.

1977 kz1000A - custom seat, HID headlight, K&N pod filters,drag bars, Kerker 4 into 1 megaphone exhaust w/ baffle - pre bought like this.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Oct 2013 02:25 by nahnahxl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.