KZ1000 fork weirdness

More
18 Sep 2013 16:50 - 19 Sep 2013 04:45 #606949 by mollusk
KZ1000 fork weirdness was created by mollusk
*pics of problem in post below

I've got some bad scoring on the piece that the rod of the fork-cylinder sits inside of. I can't find any other marking on any of the other parts to figure out why this would be here. I almost think that a previous owner did this for some unknown reason. Any ideas?? Does anyone have this replacement part. I have an A2 but this seems to be the diagram for my forks

www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/19...a1/o/m150635sch83256

tho I don't seem to have all of the parts that this diagram has. :pinch:

pics show mostly what I'm dealing with. PLease help me!! :dry:
Last edit: 19 Sep 2013 04:45 by mollusk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2013 16:55 #606950 by mollusk
Replied by mollusk on topic KZ1000 fork weirdness
pics. That inner cylinder piece may have something to do with the contact and the picture with everything shows mostly all the parts involved
Attachments:

More
18 Sep 2013 17:57 #606958 by nitrokeeb
Replied by nitrokeeb on topic KZ1000 fork weirdness
I'm no expert, but I just assembled the fork tubes on my '78 LTD this past weekend. The aluminum sleeve at the end of the damper rod does not move when the bolt on the end is installed. I would say you would be fine just sanding down the raised portions of the gouges and reusing.

Also, my fork tubes did not have any of the parts shown in your third picture. I wonder what their purpose is?

1978 KZ1000B LTD w/KZ900 engine

More
18 Sep 2013 19:59 #606970 by mollusk
Replied by mollusk on topic KZ1000 fork weirdness
Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is. The link I posted above is the diagram that shows what those pieces are but the diagram for an A2 fork does not show these pieces, so big time confusing I don't know what to make of it but I was also thinking I would shave off the exrainuous material and put them back together. Does anyone else think that would be fine??