Ordered new chain and sprockets.

More
28 Aug 2013 21:44 #603607 by BubbaZ1982
Ordered new chain and sprockets. was created by BubbaZ1982
Well, after almost 2 months of owning my first KZ, I'm FINALLY getting rid of the "EL-CHEAPO" chain and the tired old 32 year old sprockets. The chain was New when I got the bikem, but I'm now completely out of adjustment room and it has streched VERY unevenly ( 1/2 inch of play to nearly 2 inches in spots). Thanks to some threads here, I decided to look to Z1 Enterprises and do a 530 conversion, should be here Friday! Any thoughts? This is one more item of the laundry list of things I've done in the past 2 months ( not including the ignition side cover I started machining today).
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2013 22:03 #603612 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Ordered new chain and sprockets.
Be sure not to over tighten the chain. It should have about 1 inch of up & down play. Also, after adjusting, check for tight spots. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BubbaZ1982

More
28 Aug 2013 22:09 #603613 by BubbaZ1982
Replied by BubbaZ1982 on topic Ordered new chain and sprockets.
yeah, the chain is a $25 cheapo that the previous owner put on it, It's so bad that like I said, 1/2 inch of play at tight spot, to 2+....2 months and not really heavy handing it. I've had several other bikes, most on par or much more powerful, and I've never seen a chain strech like the one thats on it... the chain and sprockets are so bad that it effects everything and I can hear it jangling on my chainguard when I'm downshifting for a stop and makes the bike jerky just cruising...