Request frame measurements from 81/82 KZ1000

More
02 Aug 2013 15:19 #599545 by Shdwdrgn
Since the frame I have has been cut up, I need to fabricate a replacement for the piece shown below. I believe this same style was used on both LTD and CSR models, so if someone could be so kind as to take the following measurements for me, I would be grateful...

1) Height at the front, from top of frame to top of piece
2) Height at the rear, from top of frame to top of piece
3) Width of the piece from front to rear
4) The spacing between the four bolts holes for the fender

Thanks for the help!

1981 KZ1000-JK1
She's a beautiful mess, and I've made her all mine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2013 19:00 #600132 by Shdwdrgn
Replied by Shdwdrgn on topic Request frame measurements from 81/82 KZ1000
So you're not going to believe this, but I was just checking craigslist, and someone is selling HALF of an '81 KZ1000. Somebody took a saw to the frame and chopped off the front of the frame (apparently using the forks for another project?), and this guy is selling off the remainder.

For $200, I am getting a complete (but disassembled) engine, factory airbox (mine came with pods), and what appears to be a complete rear half of the bike, from which I can get my frame repaired. There is a long list of parts that I can see in the pictures already which are missing from my bike. In short, once I finish sorting through the pieces, I should have everything I need to completely restore the bike (except for the fuel tank and seat), plus I'll have extra parts to sell on ebay to recoup some of my expenses.

** doing the happy dance **

1981 KZ1000-JK1

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
More
06 Aug 2013 19:25 #600138 by slayer61
Replied by slayer61 on topic Request frame measurements from 81/82 KZ1000
Well done Shdwdrgn! B)
You are benefitting from someone's "custom :dry: bobber build" :laugh:

Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

[strike]Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit[/strike]
Wife's BIG bike......[strike] 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and [strike]factory FI[/strike] Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods[/strike] SOLD

More
06 Aug 2013 19:29 #600140 by Shdwdrgn
Replied by Shdwdrgn on topic Request frame measurements from 81/82 KZ1000
Hey it works for me! Although I'm surprised they left the engine behind. I'll see what it looks like when I pick it up this weekend.

1981 KZ1000-JK1