Kz750 swingarm swap need a little help.

More
27 Jul 2013 16:43 #598577 by B-Niles
I'm new to this forum so first I'd like to say hello. I recently purchased a 1978 kz750 with low miles for 700$. I thought it was a good deal considering it runs perfect and is in mint condition. The only problem is the guy that had it last tried a swing arm swap. Basically he took the stock arm cut it and welded Suzuki gsxr ends on it. He was trying to switch to crotch rocket tires and rims. After I bought the bike I noticed he wasn't the best welder decided to go original. Reason being is he sucked at welding and I would have to really mod the bike alot. I would have had to switch to single shock in the rear end an welded up multiple flat plates to support it. Anyway the biggest problem I'm having is reassembling the rear hub and swing arm. The front pivot part of the arm in intact but the rear came disassembled. I have all the parts just don't know how they go. I also have a book on the bike but it gives horrible descriptions. I'm used to working on dual sports and this bikes throwing me for a loop. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2013 17:08 #598583 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Kz750 swingarm swap need a little help.
Hello, B-Niles, and WELCOME to KZr!

Lots of good info on kawasaki.com, including parts diagrams, part names, part numbers, models sharing same part, availability, etc.

For example, this diagram of the rear hub:

Here's a link for help with navigating the kawasaki.com site and finding information.
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...w&catid=13&id=376734

And could check out these links for service manual download:
kz750twins.com/?p=15
biquetoast.com/cgi-bin/750ManualList.cgi

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
27 Jul 2013 17:20 #598586 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Kz750 swingarm swap need a little help.
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationPer kawasaki.com, the same swing arm Part No. 33001-1012 is used on these four models:
KZ750-B1 (1976)
KZ750-B2 (1977)
KZ750-B3 (1978)
KZ750-B4 (1979)

Swing arms are listed on ebay.
For example:

Might also consider posting a want ad in KZr's Classifieds forum.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
28 Jul 2013 02:17 #598666 by B-Niles
Replied by B-Niles on topic Kz750 swingarm swap need a little help.
Well thank you very much it seems I must be missing the distance collar. I appreciate your help.