correct forks and bars for my 82 ltd 1000

More
11 Jul 2013 09:21 #595963 by otistmp
i have been told my bars are not oringial and i guess the forks may be also off a kz not a ltd, is there any lenght different to the forks and does anybody know where to get the stock style bars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2013 12:50 #595994 by Cynjut
Replied by Cynjut on topic correct forks and bars for my 82 ltd 1000
We were talking about the tubes (indirectly) on another forum. I'm trying to switch out the spoked wheels on my CSR with solid wheel from an LTD. There are two lower fork tube styles - the one with end caps (like on the J and P models) and the ones on ours (the M and K models). The optical difference is that the wheel clamps on the LTD and CSR are on the front of the fork tube. There are no differences in the tubes themselves (the length and diameter are the same). If you are looking to get rid of 'end cap' forks and want to swap to the 'front mount' type, I'd be willing to swap you. There are also a couple of sets of the front mount forks on fleabay for a pretty reasonable price.

At to getting new bars? I went to a local bike shop and picked out a set of 7/8" aftermarket bars with a 6" rise, drilled a 1/4" hole in them 6" from the end of the handlebar (so the switch pods would lock in) and called them good. You can see both on my avatar picture.

1977 KZ-1000 A1
1982 KZ-1000 M2 Frankenbike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.