Search For New Forks

More
10 Jun 2013 01:14 #591544 by dan123
Search For New Forks was created by dan123
im on the lookout for some used front forks for my 82 kz550 ltd. i would go for new but im quite low on cash as of lately so thats out of the picture. i am wondering if any of you have some knowledge on if there are differences in forks between years and such. for example will some stock 80 550 forks fit for sure or do i need to go off measurements. also are there differences in set up of break caliper and speedo between years and models that i should be aware of. i was having some serious problems finding good info elsewhere so i hope you can help. thanks guys

1982 kz550C LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2013 10:29 - 10 Jun 2013 10:59 #591576 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Search For New Forks
Hello Dan. Your bike probably has the same forks as the 80-83 550C Ltd models. The forks from another 550 or 650-CSR may work, but there ought to be plenty of Ltd forks listed on ebbaayy. The 550-Ltd has the same Fr Br caliper as a number of 550s & the 650-CSR models.

You can cross-reference parts at Kawasaki.com or Partzilla.
The partzilla site is easier to use, but I double check stuff at Kawasaki.com.

At the Kaw site. Owner Info -->> Parts diagrams -->> Search-by-Model-Info -->> click continue -->>
................-->> choose a year only (seems easiest) -->> click continue -->> choose a bike from the list.

Once into the diagrams, click stuff. The diagram reference numbers are clickable, which speeds up finding the full part number below. Click the part number for the cross-ref -->> a popup window appears -->> click the yellow/black ? icon for the x-ref. Click the red/white S for the superseded part numbers.
Last edit: 10 Jun 2013 10:59 by martin_csr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.