HELP!!!!!!! Cantget shaftie swing arm off

More
14 May 2013 08:37 #587294 by jarrad
Hey guys does anyone know how to get the 2 pins that hold a shaft drive swingarm out?

I have the 3 bolt caps off and can see the pins I had assumed they would have a thread in them
So I could screw something in and pull them out, but nothing???????

I need this off ASAP as someone is coming to pick it up in 2 days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
14 May 2013 09:21 - 14 May 2013 10:06 #587300 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic HELP!!!!!!! Cantget shaftie swing arm off
The ones I've pulled, have a boot at the engine bevel gear that needs to be pulled back. Then there's a small band of spring steel around the coupling end, under that there is one pin in a hole. It just pushes in, as it has a spring under it. So I used a small pick, just a easy push in and it releases. Once it slides off of the splines you'll see how it attaches. I would turn the shaft so the hole for the pin faces upwards, so it can't fall out.

Sorry i see you mean the swingarm, probably the pivot pins. They come out after removing th bolts, and then I took a thin tipped pry bar to wedge in behind the flange. Once it moves a bit you can get in behind on each side and pry evenly, and out it should come.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
Last edit: 14 May 2013 10:06 by Motor Head.

More
15 May 2013 22:13 #587612 by havakaw
Replied by havakaw on topic HELP!!!!!!! Cantget shaftie swing arm off
Yeah,there should be threadded holes in the center of the bushings.Maybe somebody had it appart before and put them in backwards. :angry:

'80 KZ 750 LTD-H
'82 KZ 1100 A-2 Shafty (ex-bagger)