what the fork?

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
24 Apr 2013 00:06 - 24 Apr 2013 00:06 #583782 by donthaveakawman
what the fork? was created by donthaveakawman
I topped off my fork oil last night and the left one was low, that struck up the thought of why my right shock seems in better condition than my left one and today I checked the tire wear and it seems like there is a good measure less on the left side. so if you can make any sense of my 2 1/4 lines of run on sentence bullshivalry what is going on here?
Last edit: 24 Apr 2013 00:06 by donthaveakawman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2013 02:49 #583794 by Haybus
Replied by Haybus on topic what the fork?
Because the roads are crowned. Try riding on the shoulder of the road more often, or when possible into oncoming traffic. :woohoo:

1976 KZ900 LTD (sort of)
2005 FJR
2009 Hayabusa
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/557845...-streetfighter-build

More
25 Apr 2013 18:11 #584009 by steell
Replied by steell on topic what the fork?

Haybus wrote: Because the roads are crowned. Try riding on the shoulder of the road more often, or when possible into oncoming traffic. :woohoo:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Also the steering head on your bike is twisted to one side, I've heard that is fairly common.

KD9JUR

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
25 Apr 2013 20:12 #584023 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic what the fork?

steell wrote:

Haybus wrote: Because the roads are crowned. Try riding on the shoulder of the road more often, or when possible into oncoming traffic. :woohoo:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Also the steering head on your bike is twisted to one side, I've heard that is fairly common.

is that the frame?
time to find a place to d a burnout anyways that tire is bugging me.

More
26 Apr 2013 10:50 - 26 Apr 2013 10:51 #584086 by H1Vindicator
Replied by H1Vindicator on topic what the fork?
If you believe something is amiss w the front end, then it's time to do some checking. Make sure the fork tubes are properly aligned in the triple tree & at the same height. if a seal is leaking, you should go ahead and rebuild the forks - install new seals & fresh fork oil. While you have the forks apart, check the tubes to make sure they are straight & measure the fork springs - the manual will have service limit info. Make sure the forks are a matched set. Check the triple tree to make sure it is straight - place the upper triple on a glass table then press down on a corner to see if it rocks.

As for the frame, look at the steering stop peg to see if it is bent or anything - that is one way to see if the bike has been wrecked. Try using a tape measure to see if you can figure out whether or not the frame is bent - choose equivalent points on each side of the bike from the steering head to points towards the rear of the frame and compare the measurements.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2013 10:51 by H1Vindicator.

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
26 Apr 2013 17:30 #584147 by donthaveakawman
when I replaced the fork seals last year sometime I ran out of the regular fork oil and had some Harley Davidson type e fork oil that I used in the one of the forks. I think I now remember what one.

More
26 Apr 2013 22:19 #584182 by jonarmstrong
Replied by jonarmstrong on topic what the fork?
Sounds like you need to at least drain your forks and refill w new oil. Maybe even use the same viscosity in both forks!

82 Kz1000 gpz1100 cams dyna ignition kerker k&n

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
26 Apr 2013 23:15 #584192 by donthaveakawman
also the shock top mount has a numbered dial which neither of them really work but the one on the right clicks and the left just spins. I doubt the tire wear would have anything to do with either the shocks or the forks because they are mounted to axles and one tire per.