BOLTS!!

More
18 Jan 2013 16:27 #568033 by Jerod
BOLTS!! was created by Jerod
During the process of working on the 77 C1, I've had to move the project to multiple locations, and also around the large garage where it currently resides amongst other project. The downsides to working in borrowed space I suppose. All that moving has caused some bits and pieces, mostly hardware, to come up missing. Browsing this site has brought me to www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-1977-kz650-c1-cus...odel15494/partslist/ (not sure if I'm allowed to drop names like that, I'll remove it if not), which I wish had 2 years ago for the diagrams at the very least. I'd rather not pay 2.5 euro per bolt when there are places around where I can just go get the more common hardware, but having brand new, zinc coated or some other type of corrosion resistant hardware would be awesome. Does anyone have a resource for exact hardware specs for dummies, and a preferred supplier? Ideally I would love to order a full set of chassis bolts in stainless without head markings. I would settle for piecing together a set of good bolts that I can smooth the heads without losing their protective qualities. Part of the issue is a lack of knowledge. Is an 8x40 an M8-1.25x40mm? Are the chassis bolts all course thread? I'm 6800 miles from my nuts and bolts and feeling lost. Please send help!

G.I.G.O.

1977 KZ650 C1 - Needs help.. almost as badly as I do.
2005 ZX10R - This one will probably kill me someday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
18 Jan 2013 16:32 #568034 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic BOLTS!!
Check your pm box B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerod

More
18 Jan 2013 17:03 #568036 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic BOLTS!!

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman, Jerod

More
19 Jan 2013 14:52 #568185 by Jerod
Replied by Jerod on topic BOLTS!!
Holy $#!^ Kidkawie, how do you remember which ones went where? I usually try to put mine in little trays with notes on where it came from and what order they came out in. (Really need to invest in little trays with LIDS, btw).

G.I.G.O.

1977 KZ650 C1 - Needs help.. almost as badly as I do.
2005 ZX10R - This one will probably kill me someday.

More
19 Jan 2013 18:49 #568200 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic BOLTS!!
The Kawasaki parts diagrams will give you the bolt size. This is my second 900 resto, so I have an idea of what goes where. 90% of the bolts are straight forward, might need to measure some of thestuff under the seat, batt tray, etc. alot of those are close in size. Half of the small stuff in the pic is spare Z1 and modern MX hardware I had laying around.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125