Brake Master Cylinder

More
30 Oct 2012 20:21 #556446 by Corrovich
Brake Master Cylinder was created by Corrovich
So, as per usual I did something stupid and fixed my 1977 KZ400 until it broke. I broke my master cylinder beyond repair so I went down to the local junk yard and picked one that looked similar from a basket of parts. I need to buy a rebuild kit for the Master Cylinder I purchased but I have no idea what bike it came off of originally. I'm hoping the very helpful KZ community might be able to help me out. As you can see in the pictures it is all metal, suggesting 1970's and since whatever bike it came off of had a front disc brake my guess is that it is from the late 1970's. The black tip where the brake hose attaches would seem to be unique to whatever model it came off of. Any help is much appreciated.

First Picture is of the gf and I's KZ400's. The rest of the pictures are the master cylinder.

Just fix it 'til its broke.

1977 KZ400-D4
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
30 Oct 2012 21:35 #556458 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Brake Master Cylinder
Try pulling the piston and seals out, then measure the bore diameter. Post up pictures of the piston assy, and the length, also bore dia. That might help.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.