straight bars cable question

More
29 Aug 2012 22:44 #545562 by krifartida
straight bars cable question was created by krifartida
I recently installed some straight bars on my 81 kz750 H2.

The bars that came with the bike were moronically cut, then re angled outward to resemble ape hanger bars, making the bars and the bike utterlly useless.

So on went the straight bars. Fitment of all controls was fine with the exception of some routing issues:

The clutch cable has much less space to be in, and it is coming out of the handle, then forward, and angles down and backward towards the lower triangle, and then to the frame. That U shape pointing outward is somewhat concerning. Is there an alternative? Are there shoerter clutch cables out there? is there another option as to routing?

The throttle cable has a similar route, but i think i will be able to find more room to U it under the gas tank or something similar.

The main issue is the front break line. The master cilynder is now sitting very close to the top of the fork, and has almost no clearance from the tach gauge housing and the line has to curve around behind the main light. I searched for a while for universal break lines to try and get a more flexible braided line or a shorter line but could not find anything usable.

Any ideas on all three would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2012 09:54 - 22 Jan 2013 21:25 #545644 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic straight bars cable question
Z1Enterprises has a good variety & includes the measurements.
Last edit: 22 Jan 2013 21:25 by martin_csr.

More
31 Aug 2012 19:28 #545939 by krifartida
Replied by krifartida on topic straight bars cable question
Jeff at Z1 ent was super helpful and once i get the battery and make this bike actually runs i will be getting some new break lines and cable to fit the short bars.

Thanks all.