Du pont Teflon Chain Saver wax based chain lube

More
28 Feb 2013 17:03 - 28 Feb 2013 17:11 #574579 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Du pont Teflon Chain Saver wax based chain lube

martin_csr wrote: The DuPont Multi-Use Dry Wax lubricant isn't available any more. wBW didn't give their new Mulit-Use product a very good review & DuPont does not recommend it for mc chains.

This product has the exact same dupont product number on the label as the Dry Wax lube. Dupont says it is OK for chains, I guess the dry wax chain lube is supposedly better (?).

www.bikebandit.com/dupont-multi-use-lubr..._l2bUCFUeCQgod5CYAHQ

From the dupont home page:

High RPM chains like motorcycle, ATV, Go-Kart where conventional heavier oils attract excessive amounts of abrasive contaminants. Multi-Use is O-Ring safe (Note: For chains used in extremely high contaminant environments, please use DuPontâ„¢ Chain Saver)

www2.dupont.com/Consumer_Lubricants/en_U...i_use_lubricant.html

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Feb 2013 17:11 by bountyhunter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2013 18:53 #574603 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Du pont Teflon Chain Saver wax based chain lube
I'm surprised they're using the same product number - notice they changed the label - "Dry, Wax" is omitted.
A lot of riders like the DuPont Multi-Use. Not sure what they think of it now, because the formula has changed according to DuPont.

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
28 Feb 2013 19:03 #574607 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic Du pont Teflon Chain Saver wax based chain lube
I would think the dry wax would prevent it from flinging.

More
28 Feb 2013 19:08 #574610 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Du pont Teflon Chain Saver wax based chain lube
Yes, that's what it's supposed to do. Not sure why DuPont changed their multi-use product.

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
28 Feb 2013 19:11 #574611 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic Du pont Teflon Chain Saver wax based chain lube
I think I will try some of that when my 4 oz container of 10 dollar oil runs out. who would have thought I would get oil on my tire.

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
More
28 Feb 2013 21:59 #574642 by bluej58
I went into the local Suzuki shop to see if they had the right size metric O rings for my oil sensor pipe which they did and the guy tells me no charge :woohoo:

So I grabbed a can Spectro chain wax , very flammable, poisonous, and bad for the environment
plus it's made in the U.S., how could I go wrong :P

JD

78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:

• 4TheKZ1000
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
28 Feb 2013 22:09 #574648 by 4TheKZ1000
Replied by 4TheKZ1000 on topic Du pont Teflon Chain Saver wax based chain lube
Im using Du pont Teflon Chain Saver wax this year again...easy to use, cleanup and dosent dis-color the chain with a white paste. Worked good for me.

More
01 Mar 2013 04:56 - 01 Mar 2013 04:59 #574701 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Du pont Teflon Chain Saver wax based chain lube

martin_csr wrote: I'm surprised they're using the same product number - notice they changed the label - "Dry, Wax" is omitted.
A lot of riders like the DuPont Multi-Use. Not sure what they think of it now, because the formula has changed according to DuPont.

Yeah, I have my old empty can of the teflon multi-use dry wax lubricant and the number is D00110101.

My new full can of dupont teflon multiuse lubricant (no dry wax in the title) is also the same.

FYI: last year I read that the Multi Use Dry Wax was exactly the same product as their dry wax chain lube except labeled different and cost less.

Not sure why DuPont changed their multi-use product.

I guess to keep cheapskates like me from getting the better wax chain lube for less money.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 01 Mar 2013 04:59 by bountyhunter.

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
01 Mar 2013 05:27 #574703 by donthaveakawman
how much is dupont paying you all to stay on topic this well?