Spectre 750 shock renew.

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
26 Oct 2012 02:16 #555819 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic Spectre 750 shock renew.

Kevin STP wrote: I may get to try this over the weekend and will post results.The manual instructions for this are odd-it lists the air volume and the oil volume.Completely fill shock with oil and then dump out an amount equal to the air volume.Seems way to scientific.Maybe I just don't get it!!

apparently there is a phillips screw on the side of each fork on the bottom, and an air filler on the top i think you can figure it out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2012 03:01 #555825 by Del_Herring
Replied by Del_Herring on topic Spectre 750 shock renew.
He already did...
That said, I'm still trying to get my hands on those specs, since they're conspicuously absent from whatever manual I have.

1983 KZ750-N2 Spectre

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
26 Oct 2012 05:05 #555833 by donthaveakawman

Kevin STP wrote: I may get to try this over the weekend and will post results.The manual instructions for this are odd-it lists the air volume and the oil volume.Completely fill shock with oil and then dump out an amount equal to the air volume.Seems way to scientific.Maybe I just don't get it!!

15 psi max don't remember the oil volume.

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
26 Oct 2012 05:07 #555834 by donthaveakawman
my local library small engine repair reference database in the motorcycle section for the kz750 h1 says......

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
26 Oct 2012 05:16 #555835 by donthaveakawman

donthaveakawman wrote: my local library small engine repair reference database in the motorcycle section for the kz750 h1 says......

oh no someone hacked my shit so i can't get in there

More
02 Nov 2012 18:57 #556838 by Del_Herring
Still in the need for the rear oil specs. I can't find any manuals that have this spec in them. They have the front forks, but not the rear shocks. And dont have a kaw, i believe you're looking at the fork spec. the rears run at around 40 psi.

1983 KZ750-N2 Spectre

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
02 Nov 2012 21:23 #556855 by donthaveakawman
try kz.bike-night.com/manual.html i am not sure if spectre is even in there, but you could give it a try. Some of it is missing. be careful, the format is not old computer friendly, but i think you will be alright.

Attachment pdf_file_pediphile_michael_jackson1.jpg not found

Attachments:

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
02 Nov 2012 22:56 #556870 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Spectre 750 shock renew.

donthaveakawman wrote: try kz.bike-night.com/manual.html i am not sure if spectre is even in there, but you could give it a try. Some of it is missing. be careful, the format is not old computer friendly, but i think you will be alright.

Attachment pdf_file_pediphile_michael_jackson1.jpg not found

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
02 Nov 2012 23:54 #556876 by Del_Herring
Unfortunately doesn't cover the shafties, but it is a lot more thorough than the shaft model service manual I have, so thanks anyways, it'll be better than what I've got when I'm playing with the engine.

And thank you for that public service announcement about PDF Files, it's important to make people aware.

1983 KZ750-N2 Spectre