Want to change all my nuts and bolts.

More
17 May 2012 17:19 #522952 by Pop147
I have my kz750 b4 all apart and i would like to change out all the nuts and bolts because of rust and stripping issues. So im wondering if someone has info on the threads and length that i would need to save time and pain of looking for the right ones in the local parts store.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2012 17:36 #522955 by Z-Igor
Replied by Z-Igor on topic Want to change all my nuts and bolts.
Let them rezink and they are like new again. It`s cheap and effective. New bolts will costs you much more, hard to find all sizes and it`s not original. Google to find a company in your area. you will be surprised how cheap rezinking is. You can also rezink bigger parts, just aluminium don`t work.

If you consider stainless steel bolts I made bad experience with them becouse of raising rust in their near. I replaced all steenless bolts on my Honda with the original, rezinked ones.

Best,
Igor

1980 Z250A2, 1980 Z500B, 1979 Honda CJ360T

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
17 May 2012 17:42 #522958 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Want to change all my nuts and bolts.
Check babbits.com for bolt lengths,youll have to check them one assembly at a time thats how they list them on there.
If you decide to go with stainless bolts send me a pm with the sizes and lengths you need. B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.